We should have a "works with Palm" thread

becky0404

Just in case anyone wants to know, I have found that these scents work great in container palm :cheesy2:

Blueberry Muffin from NG (awesome cold and hot throw!!!)

Pumpkin Crunch Cake from NG

Apple Orchard from NG

Anyone else have any "works" or "doesn't work" in palm?

Wild Berry Mousse is awesome in the glass glow. Stawberry from Candle Science is very good and strong, but doesn't throw very well in the palm. I haven't had any luck with the pink sugar either from ICS. Working on the Cranberry Marmalade right now, I think it is gonna do goood, very strong out of the bottle.

Thanks for starting this, I could use the help,too.

Here are my best throwers in the Glass Glow and the Pillar Starburst/GlassGLow blend:

Apple Mango Tango~Wendy's

Blueberry~SS

Coconut Calypso~NStar

Tangerine Lavender~MC

Green Apples~Sntop

Cucumber Chaos~CC

Strawberry(CS) Buttercream(Dystar)~50/50~I think this was Candlebuddy's suggestion and it was awesome!

Cozy Home~MC

Pumpkin Cornbread~CC

I used the following in glass glow and they were all AWESOME:

Blueberry Muffin - Millcreek

Pink Sugar - ICS

Honeydew Melon - ICS

Cranberry Marmalade -CS

Wildberry Mousse - CS

I really need to get my palm back out and play with it some more. I got side tracked learning to make body butters and lotions lol

I'm just starting to test aromas - and agree that a "Works with Palm" would be an really beneficial asset.

It seems that almost all of the "works well" FO's seem to be Fruits! Is it because these are the only ones that work - or are they the only ones we're testing this time of year? :confused:

Has anyone noticed a trend of "bakery" or "floral" NOT working?

HUMMMM - So ICS Pink sugar works for Jami but not DOMMAMAC? I wonder what the difference is? Do either of you use an additive or make a mix with soy? :confused: Is the the temp you add the FO's?

Gotta be something! Or is it just a "nose" thing. IMO I rate it as "light" if it only fills up the 14X18 living room and think it's "great" if it fills most of the house.

I really can't explain that. Pink Sugar is one of my favorites, and the one from ICS being the best, IMHO. But I truly couldn't smell it that well at all. I burned it half way down in a 8oz jelly jar, using a csn12 in one and a csn 14 in the other. The 12 was plenty big enough, but even both of them burning at the same time, did not throw off much scent. It has been a week or two, so I will maybe light them up again tomorrow, and see if they just needed to cure more. In answer to your question, I heat to 190,add scent and color, and pour immedietly into a heated jar. Maybe Jami will let us know what she is doing with hers, I would really like to see this scent be a good one for this.

Thanks for the info. I was planning on heating to 200; add the color and stir, then add the scent at about 190 and stir, and pour into a heated jar at 185. Very close to what you are doing. I was wondering about a "cure" time also with the straight container palm. I believe Jakalex only has them sit overnight before she fires it off.

On one post Becky0404 had inquired about adding soy...I wonder if Jami uses that mix for the Pink Sugar?

Hey Jami - if you care to share - we're ready !!!!!

I didn't do anything different. I made up several scents with the same batch of palm wax. I burned a few other testers first so it was about 10 - 12 days before I got to the Pink Sugar candle. The reason I didn't burn it first is because the cold throw didn't knock me down but I didn't want it to go to waste so I finally tested it.

Maybe it was just the "cure time".

That is strange, cause I went ahead and burned mine again today. It has been two weeks now, and still I can't smell them.My husband says he can't either. Maybe I did something wrong, I will have to make another when I get time.

Is the rule of thumb that what a fragrance does in soy, will be the same as the Glass Glow Palm - or did I misunderstand the statement on CS?

I'm hoping it's better than the trials of soy and fragrance.

I'm still waiting for CS to restock. I am so disappointed that they are out, and a bit concerned that it is taking so long to get it back in.

That is strange, cause I went ahead and burned mine again today. It has been two weeks now, and still I can't smell them.My husband says he can't either. Maybe I did something wrong, I will have to make another when I get time.

Did you stand on one leg, spin around 3 times while mixing, the planets aligned and the smurfs were playing in your back yard because of a blue moon?

I bet THAT will make the difference :grin2:

Honestly I don't know, maybe I just got lucky but now you have me curious and I want to pour another one to see what happens lol

I tried this wax and ended up giving up because of wicking . I don't have problems with regular palm wax, but that container palm just about did me in. Anyways, I tried pink sugar in one of mine and the throw was awesome. It was from Peaks. I have a 1200 sq ft apartment and it was smelled all over.

Here are my best throwers in the Glass Glow and the Pillar Starburst/GlassGLow blend:

Apple Mango Tango~Wendy's

Blueberry~SS

Coconut Calypso~NStar

Tangerine Lavender~MC

Green Apples~Sntop

Cucumber Chaos~CC

Strawberry(CS) Buttercream(Dystar)~50/50~I think this was Candlebuddy's suggestion and it was awesome!

Cozy Home~MC

Pumpkin Cornbread~CC

Pumpkin Cornbread~This should actually be Pumpkin Coffee! Sorry about that.

Did you stand on one leg, spin around 3 times while mixing, the planets aligned and the smurfs were playing in your back yard because of a blue moon?

I bet THAT will make the difference :grin2:

Honestly I don't know, maybe I just got lucky but now you have me curious and I want to pour another one to see what happens lol

LOL, I knew I forgot something. Guess I will have to try that next time.