Master Batches of Oil?

Penny

I finally bought a MasterBuilt turkey fryer for my wax and I love it. Best investment I've made so far. But, I would like to be able to have my oils for soaping ready to go when I'm ready. Has anyone used the turkey fryer to melt their oils. I'm asking because my concern is will the oils break down from reheating? Could you share with me the method you use to continually melt large batches of oil? TIA

I could premix the liquid oils and then melt the hard oils. I guess that could save a little time. or, I could mix the whole batch and separate into individual batch sizes and remelt only what I need. That could work. I hope somebody else chimes in.

I premix my oils and store in a 5 gallon bucket with a snap-on lid. The bucket I'm working on now has been mixed since December and is still fine; I just store it in a cool area. You don't need to keep the hard oils and soft oils separate; just melt them all together gently, stir them periodically while they're cooling, and pour into the bucket. I do stir the oils in the bucket before weighing out my batch, though, to ensure I'm getting the correct proportions of everything. Saves quite a bit of time.

With the hard oils in there, the mixture isn't liquid enough to pour. It's a little softer than Crisco; I usually just use my large Pampered Chef spatula and scoop out big dollops. There's surprisingly little mess involved.:)

You're welcome:cheesy2: I find that, by doing this, I make soap more often. Especially if I am late getting started, or already a little tired, it just seems like too much trouble to drag out 5-7 different containers of stuff to weigh. Much easier this way. Another good thing is that you can use the bucket oils and still have flexibility. Just use the premixed oil for 90% of your recipe and add other things for the last 10% to customize the batch. Of course you'd have to refigure the percentages and run each new batch through a lye calculator.