xyron label machine

lvnmt

HI has anyone used one of these to make thier own labels. Are they worth it? I dont need a lot of labels, and I cant find the color that I would like. I have some cardstock that I would like to make labels from. Any input appreciated! Thanks:cool2:

I invested in one of the machines and its great for odd sized labels. The trick is to get the rolls that you load in it with a coupon of 40-50% off with coupon at Michaels or AC Moores. Otherwise it is way to expensive.

I've used this at the beginning because I had some special paper I wanted to use as labels. This worked ok for a while, but it got to be a pain having to cut out every single label. I would suggest a paper cutter to get even cuts. With a paper cutter, I was still not able to be consistant on getting even sized labels. Also, I found that the adhesive wouldn't stick well to tins.

Cardstock may be too heavy of a paper for the adhesive on the xyron, especially if your putting it on a curved surface such as a candle jar.

After thinking about it, I decided that the xyron is probably not that economical after all. I think that I will just keep looking for labels that are similar to what I have in mind. Thanks for the posts!!!!!!!!!