Yesterdays project - rustics

Pam W

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are all beautiful, but I really love the colors on the first two sets. I wish I could pick complementing shades like that!

Thanks Ducky. The candles in pic #1 are what I call - what you see is what you get. I started with the yellow and on each consecutive layer I add a few shavings of rust and/or brown and kept going darker with each pour...no real planning:)

• 2 weeks later...
OMG! Those are amazing! How do you make them? You said you learned it all from here, got a link?

Wow!

Amy

click on the Techniques & Ideas button on the left sidebar - that will give you the basics on how to make a rustic/cold pour candle. Other than that, there have been a few threads posted lately where many of us discussed tips & tricks that work best for each of us. Give it a try -- and you have to post pics :wink2:

Thanks Pam

I have made rustic pillars before, however they didn't have layers like yours. I think I found an earlier post about rustic layer pillars

Thanks again

Amy

for the layered candles, just pour 1st layer, slosh it around in a sloppy fashion, let it cool till a film forms over the wax then pour the next layer and on and on depending on how many layers you're making. The sloppier I pour, the better they look ---- most of the time anyway!!

Thanks Pam!

BTW, I was reading some old posts about your rubber embossed inserts. I'm sure you don't have any to sell, so I won't bother asking But would you sell me a candle? I make silicone molds... would love to make a mold from it!

TIA

Amy