Bp 2554

I ran out of my OK6228 and have two cases of the BP2554, so I thought I would use it for my votives, but as I recall this wax really sweats and seeps FO. It doesn't matter if I let it dry or wipe it down. I think I can use steric, not sure, how much. Does anyone know what the FO hold is, I like to use 8%, is this too much for this wax? Also, there is suppose to be a wax that replaced this, I think it is by IGI, can anyone tell me what is the next or closest wax next to this.? Why did they get rid of this wax? Thanks

I've looked into this wax before and came to the conclusion that it must be discontinued. Don't know that for an absolute fact.

You can take an educated guess that it's a straight paraffin since they call it a mottling wax, and with an MP of 139 you wouldn't expect it to hold much more than 5% FO.

If you're using it in place of 6228 then I assume you don't care about mottling. There are any number of ways to make it opaque and hold more scent if you like. Maybe a little microcrystalline plus Vybar 103 or Gloss Poly.

I'm thinking just stearic won't solve your problem at 8% FO but if you prefer that approach or just happen to have it on hand, throw in 5% or so and see how that works. More is OK too if you like.