Watery Shampoo/Shower Gel Base

P&V

I bought a 4 oz tester of BCS Aloe Shampoo/Shower Gel. I am loving this base as shampoo except after I used the appropriate amount of fo it ended up watery. Does anyone know if anything can be done or does anyone have a base they would recommend?

This has been a common problem for me when fragrancing gels. You can use a thickener like liquid crothix (I believe). What I did was, I stopped using those gels and went to a suspension gel (from MMS). I have not had that thinning out problem with this suspension base.

Thanks so much. You just saved me a ton of money because I was gonna just start testing different brands.

Is this something that I could put other additives in or is it just fo under 1%?

Is this something that I could put other additives in or is it just fo under 1%?

I add jojoba beads to mine (if that's what you mean by "additives"). I did find that this particular brand of gel does not really foam up in the shower, so I added about 1/2 oz (to 7.5 oz of gel) of cocamidopropyl betaine (a liquid sudsing agent). This helped a lot, and it did not disturb the suspension quality of the gel.

I have not compared this suspension gel to other brands, so I don't know if this lack of lather is unique to the MMS brand. Maybe someone else can lend their experience.

I can mix PS20 with it! Now I'm thrilled. That's something I have. Guess I have to order more of the base. Is that a standard rule with most soap/shampoo bases?

Will mica work in this? Do I add it to the base first or last?

ok my stupid question of the day lol

I added crothix to a batch of mine that I made so it would thicken back up. Since crothix is yucky to work with and feels like tar, is it safe on hair?

I heat the crothix first then warm up the gel base and add the crothix. I put it all in a zip loc bag and massage it to work it in. As it cools, I can see little clumps of the crothix so I put the baggie in very hot water in a bowl so it will all blend together.

Is there an easier way to work the crothix in?