Need Opinions

Hi Guys!

As being new to the Palm wax, please help me! Purty please???????:confused:

I poured an 8 oz. jelly jar with baby powder FO and colored it blue, I wicked it with a CSN14, being baby powder FO is a denser oil. okay, it started out to tunnel at first then as time went on, it finally started to even it self out, and it smells heavenly! but the wick is shrooming big time!!!!!!!!!!!!

should I go down to a smaller size like the 12"s.

but I don't want to lose my hot scent throw!

Well I ordered these wicks from Candle Science and the wicks were all bent up and smooshed. I was not pleased with that. Even though they were a sampler kit. I don't want to order from them again and the wicks (order the 100 packs) be bent up like that. KWIM?

Thanks for your advice and time!!!!

Wow, I'm surprised your wicks were in that shape! I order from Candle Science very frequently and every wick purchase I've ever received has been straighter than anywhere else I've bought from.

I can't help with the palm wax and wick question. I'm still trying to figure out the right wick myself using the Glass Glow!

I would suggest going down to the 12 scn. btw - my wicks have always been straight from candlescience also. They are the only ones I order wicks from. I use the htp's. I do know with the palm wax often you can wick down a size from what they show on site. I make the 10oz apoth jar and use 2 11's.

Thanks Grama,

I use 2 in my larger keepsake jars but just one in the jelly jar.

when I was making the soy paraffin blend candles I had no problems with the wicks but melting the wax to pour those candles gave me migrains. With this Palm wax it doesn't bother me! Except getting the wick right!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry2:

I am gonna try to use the 12 I should have in the beginning when I had that gut feeling to use it in the first place LOL:laugh2:

I order form CS all the time and have never had a problem with bent wicks.

As far as the mushrooming I have been testing the Glass Glow palm and pillar palm from CS for over a month with the CSN wicks and if a mushroom developed it was very very small and 90% of the time I never got a mushroom.

Glass Glow container palm:

I use a CSN 12 (with most FO's) in the 12 oz hex jar~2.75 diameter

The hex jars usually require a larger wick because of the corners.

If I were to try wicking the jelly jar (2.75 diameter) I would start with a CSN 11 or CSN 12 since it has smooth sides.

What type of palm wax are you using?

What % FO are you using? I know with the CS palm wax I do not go over 5%.

Hi jakelex,

I ordered both my crystal and pillar palm wax from C&S before I found out about Candle Science. I only ordered the 10 lbs. sizes. I plan on ordering from candle science when they get thier palm wax in!

I am using the 6% FO ratio!

I love that turtle design and the glass glow seems really easier to work with and Candle Science is located just 1 1/2 hours from where I live and it would be more cost effective if I went to pick it up. I plan on ordering the 55 lbs. cases. So to help save on shipping costs!

And for those who is wondering if you can whip Palm wax, take it from me.......it was easy to do! You don't get that crystal look, they look just like regular wax! (Been working on a new wax melt and fragrance idea!) They came out just like I wanted but they need to be a darker color!:laugh2: I will take pics this weekend and post them!:yay: