Anyone every done a wholesale show?

I have done a few, but at the time I was just selling candles. First of all set-up a nice display for your products. If you can offer a Free sample to the merchants. Make sure you have plenty of business cards, flyers, brochures, and today only specials. Have a sign-up sheet to follow-up with the customers or ask for a business card. You also want to have cases of candles under the table in case a merchant wants to buy one. Have a list of stores that you are already sell to. I have found merchants really want to know that. Be ready to start selling. Merchants move quickly through each table or booth. I have noticed lot of gift basket people tend to go to these wholesale shows looking for new products and they want small inexpensive items to go in the baskets for fillers. But you really need to be prepared to stand and talk, talk, talk about your products. Remember everyone there is fighting for the merchants attention and business.

Thats all i do is tradeshows, not cash and carry although I do shop there when i'm at the shows.....lol. Couldn't tell you how candle exhibitors do there and where i've been only seen one but thats not to say that other shows don't have many more. Is the cash and carry only one day??? Not sure what your booth space is but make sure you can sell enough to cover it and your time. It is still possible to write orders in C&C so make sure you bring order forms. Even though it says Cash, lots of people pay with credit cards so think about that as well. Not sure i've helped you much but if its a fall show that might actually be good for you.....

Thats all i do is tradeshows, not cash and carry although I do shop there when i'm at the shows.....lol. Couldn't tell you how candle exhibitors do there and where i've been only seen one but thats not to say that other shows don't have many more. ..

What are you selling - if not candles??

I have looked into these briefly, but some of them run $1400.00 a table..

No cash and carry. Nothing is to leave the show.

I have no experience with these type of shows....

So to those who have done these and experienced them,

have you gotten many wholesale accounts from them?? :confused:

Hum... i would wonder that as well because on the last day of all the trade shows i've done, everyone sells their samples. Candles is all i sell but there are booths for just about everything, this is the market where retailers/buyers come to buy for their stores. $1400 is a middle price range, i've paid over $2000 in Dallas and the larger markets not to mention hotel/food/gas for usually 4 days. Yup thats where I get most of my wholesale accts and wholesale is all i do in candles...haven't done a Market Square but you can read up on it on the Country Business Magazine site (google it). I only do Dallas, KC and Denver

I have seen many fees in the $2k to $3k range. YOUCH. This one would be anywhere from $600(C&C) to $900(OW) really. So really a good one as a starter to try out. & its under two hours away from home. So there really isn't a hotel stay involved at this point.

I would also be considering OH, MN & Kansas down the road.

Here's my advice and take warn. Do not do MS-Madison! It is a very crappy show. Only gets about 500 people in attendance. Order writing & C&C are both pretty bad! I've been there done that! The show was probably the worst I've ever done, never had a show, where literally you could count all the people in attendance on the last day on one hand! It's not a good show to start out at. We covered expenses ther, and that was it, and we had a big double booth. I know a lot are not doing that show again. They are calling everyone begging them to come, must have called me a bout 5X now cause they cant get any vendors. LAst year was a 2 day c&c and most vendors left before the end of the first day, that how bad it was. Fall c&c are usually better, but watch out last year it was the same day as some big festival(cranberry I think) there in WI and all the customers were there at the show displaying and couldn't come buy.

Oh barncat!! Thank you so much.

You know, about three years ago I remember chatting with the coordinating and was pretty suprised with they're numbers. You just brought that all back!

I did notice on they're Exhibitor list that its def. not what it used to be. From what I see, there wasn't any soaper signed on (but that was at a quick glance).