double wick taper candles

I had a customer request for this. She said that by having the double wick it makes it burn brighter, new to me. I just am not sure how to do this. I have never made taper candles, so I need to know how, and I will try it and see if it works. Any suggestions?

What you do actually is make two tapers and then before they harden completely, you twist them into each other. Then dip them one more time together. You'll have two wicks for two different candles that are together.

I've done it once before and they seemed to burn okay, but I wouldn't trust anyone to burn them correctly, which would mean basically sitting on top of them.

What you do actually is make two tapers and then before they harden completely, you twist them into each other. Then dip them one more time together. You'll have two wicks for two different candles that are together.

That makes sense... sounds intriguing as well. Something to file away for a later experiment :cheesy2:

Thank you so much for all the responses. This is helpful. However this request is odd, but it is actually a request from folks that want to use them in a movie. I got the call today and I want to make sure that they are done correctly! Also, I usually on make my candles with soy wax, so if I use the "pillar blend" soy wax, it should work okay, right?

Thank you so much for all the responses. This is helpful. However this request is odd, but it is actually a request from folks that want to use them in a movie. I got the call today and I want to make sure that they are done correctly! Also, I usually on make my candles with soy wax, so if I use the "pillar blend" soy wax, it should work okay, right?

I would think a pillar blend soy would work, I just use paraffin.