Where's the Justice?

Ya know, I turn my best friend and roommate onto making candles because they want me to get set to start my business. I think okay, the girl (roommate and is Mystic Flame here) is a little clutzy at times, likes to play in the wax more than I'd like her to (we're talking dabbling into the wax after the flame has gone out), has this thing for her version of terminology (she described tapers earlier as the long skinny ones) that gets me chuckling some days. Overall, I'm thinking that maybe this'll be a good thing because some days, her energy level is just off the charts and maybe making candles will get the girl grounded.

For the last two days, I can't get her out of the workshop (yet she wants me to make her a cow candle......that's a long story and a picture will soon follow), but she's doing really good for a first-timer, she's actually listened to me (pits on the side of the candle? 'The mold wasn't warm enough or I poured the wax at too low of a temperature'), but there's some things that I just can't get out of my head no matter what I try.

The girl can make a perfectly level candle EVERY SINGLE TIME. The work bench isn't the most level thing and actually needs work, yet this broad can pull a candle out of a mold and all we have to do is smooth the bottom a little and it's done. No spending a bunch of time on it, just zing it on a warm surface to smooth it out and that's it.

Everyone knows that sometimes, the biggest PITA that we have to work on is levelling, I had my own issues last year and Top, Donita and I blamed the planet tipping and little green men. I let this girl go after spending one evening showing her how to make a chunk and she's YET to have to re-level a candle.

I'm asking...WHERE'S THE JUSTICE?

Makes me want to strangle her sometimes.....ROFL!

If it makes you feel any better, when I first started making candles and had NO clue what I was doing. I could make the best smelling, prettiest candles you ever saw. I didn't weigh anything, I didn't take temps, I just dumped the bag of wax into the pot to melt. Once it was melted, took this little bottle of FO they sent per bag and dumped it with a few shavings of coloring into hot wax, stirred a few times and poured into a jar.

Now that I have learned enough to be dangerous, I can't replicate those candles to save my life :confused:

I am sure if I wait long enough for the planet to tilt to 162 degrees, see the man in the moon waving at me, stand on one leg with the other knee bent, hold my mouth 8 degrees to the right with my eyes crossed all at the same time, I will be able to make the candles I did when I first started. :laugh2:

Chalk it up to beginners luck :wink2:

Can ya feel the love !

One has to wonder if it's going to be safe in this house with two of us working on candles together. Expecially when CK threatens to throw one of my candles at me cause I have a nice level bottem on it. What can I say... I'm good ! I suppose it doesn't help that I was rubbing it in about how level it was. Even more so with my latest creation. :neener:

I was trying for a rustic poor. Now mind you, I was simply going on different things I'd over heared her mentioning. Well, I have no clue what I did exactly. (The note book I'm supposed to be writing my notes in is still almost blank save for a drop of wax with a couple arrows pointing at it saying this and that color makes this!) But needless to say, she called it something of a mold type of candle.. or something. Not sure what exactly she said. But I do remember she called it an enigma ! A pic of it will be posted in the near future.

Needless to say, I get the feeling I'll be shoved from the workbench in a couple day's. That or we will be fighting for it. Anyone want to buy tickets?:laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: @ you two.

I want a ring side seat. I have to say candle kitty is a better woman than I am. Anyone in my house goes NEAR my supplies and its grounds for getting a hand chopped off :laugh2:

I don't know why making pillars intimidates me but I am working slowly on building up my courage to give it a try. Want to teach me too CK?

:tiptoe:

See?! What did I tell you!

It's not mold, goofball, it's MOTTLED! And I've no idea how she did it. Beautiful glossy finish, nice uniform bubbles....at least it looks like a mottle to me, I've no idea what it is, but it's pretty nonetheless!

I know what you mean about the candle supplies, when we made the move down here, I threatened everyone with a long and very painful death if anything happened to them. And up until now, I threatened the blonde one with a fate worse than death if she went near them. Now she's got her paws all over them and I'm sitting here wondering if this really is the brainstorm of the century.

I am sure if I wait long enough for the planet to tilt to 162 degrees, see the man in the moon waving at me, stand on one leg with the other knee bent, hold my mouth 8 degrees to the right with my eyes crossed all at the same time, I will be able to make the candles I did when I first started. :laugh2:

You forgot to hold an oak stick in your left hand, and balance a clove of garlic on your head! :laugh2:

I shutter to think what she's going to do when that case of 1343 comes in. She's really itching to play with tapers, so I'm pulling ten pounds off to the side for her. Maybe getting her doing those will get her off the rest of the wax so I can get serious.

It's been fun, but she hasn't seen me yet when I get into "serious" mode. That's when The Doors go in full blast, make sure that my Pepsi stock can handle a full bore session and I don't emerge from the workshop until I'm completely satisfied with everything I work on. Plus I've got a seriously wicked idea floating in my head so that's going to take up some time for me.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough, that's when the shipment arrives and I'll have both her and the other friend in the workshop helping me get things organized and settled.