My Crackled and Swirled Candles

Aubs

Hope this works. This is my crackle candle I tried (terrible colors and hate the smell, personally) and my swirl candle (not too shabby, would like more color, but it is otay). Ugly green one is Juniper Breeze type and the swirly one is clean cotton. Link goes to:

My Picasa Web Album

I can't seem to upload the thumbnails...ohs well.

Your swirl has some beautiful colours in it although I agree that it would be better if they showed up a little more. Here are a few suggestions that you may find helpful: 1) Position your rings so that they are as close to the wall of the mould as you can manage without actually touching the wall, 2) (As Snow suggested) Zap with your heat gun for a longer time and on a higher setting, and 3) Use a really translucent wax for your overpour and don't add anything that may make it more opaque. 'Nuff said, nice first go.

I like the crackle far better than the swirl. I hate to be a downer, but I also really like Juniper Breeze -- it's a very big seller for B&BW. I may be wrong on this, but I thought JB was a teal color. Oh well, maybe it makes you feel better to know there are people out there that like the effect & the scent!

Good job -- Susan.

thanks for the replies...Teal would probably look better *nod* for juniper breeze

I used ecosoya PB on the swirl...that is just the color of the overlay without coloring it...just white soy...I'm thinking of getting more paraffin and trying it...I just went out on a soy binge lately. :)

Definately going to try what you said moz and get the rings closer to the edge and the heat gun too

I use to like juniper breeze...until I poured it. Something was just over lotiony-y smelling in it for me and coated my tongue with that lotion-y smell (if that makes sense??). It took a while to make anything taste right after smelling that LOL.

thanks all :)