Dirty Wax

Has anyone else ordered wax from CS? I got a couple slabs of 4630 paraffin and they are dirty! Just wondered if this is what I should expect from them?

We have a few times, it looked like just plain old floor dirt, it did not have flakes of rust in the slab, just filth on the outside.

Some of the filth when melted we to the bottom of the melter (no big deal) but some floated at the top (big deal) so we watch very close now, after all we did not pay for the filth

The slab wax I use comes in boxes and I have a small amount of debris in every box, but not like you are describing. Some is a tiny bit of dirt & the other is part of the cardboard box.

I have a large 100LB melter, that I first melt the wax in and I can see the debris in the bottom of the tank. When I weigh out wax into pouring pots I strain the wax through paper towel lined metal strainer. This method catches, even the smallest amount of debris.

BTW - A whole box has less than 1/8 tsp per box.

I hope everyone says something who receives it. My husband hammers the wax into the right size chunks for me, and so I can expect some "extras" in my wax that I have to pick out, but when I buy it, it better be clean.

Kelly