Soap Mold Broke!

mslegacy

I recently purchased a Mr. Do Right Mold from the classies, used it twice. This morning I unmolded my latest ugly creation, put both sides in the sink until I was ready to get my stuff together to get washed. Started loading the dishwasher with all my stuff. Grabbed one of the sides, and it broke in half. I have the one with the cutting slots, and it broke in the middle near the middle screw area. Any ideas of any epoxy or something to fix it?

This was only half the story: I decided after saying a few unmentionable words to not scrape the little bit of soap off the mold, and just put it into the dishwasher. about 15 min. into the wash, my back door opened by the wind. Went to close it.....stepped into major bubbles on the floor....apparently my soap bubbles alot....:shocked2:. Didnt add any soap to the dishwasher, but there sure is alot of soap and water on the floor......My kids thought it was cool....:embarasse It is now almost 9 am....I am afraid to move from my chair in case anything else happens.....:laugh2:

Oh no - sorry to hear about your horrid morning. I too have mr doright molds but as much as I still love them, I must say that they became warped after 2 uses. I'm still able to use them though. I'm not sure if it's the oven or the dishwasher that caused them to warp so now I don't wash them in the dishwasher at all.

Hope your soap turns out nice after all that mayem :smiley2:

:embarasse It is now almost 9 am....I am afraid to move from my chair in case anything else happens.....:laugh2:

Oh my....but I have days like that too! :laugh2: Look at it this way....you have a lovely clean floor now! :tiptoe:

I wondered if the Mr. DoRight warpage was just me! I have one side of ONE mold (I have 3) that has warped. What a PITA. It's bowed out a bit...but does still work. And I've never put them in the dishwasher. I washed it by hand the first time and it warped. GRRRR. Mine are notorious for sticking too. I've now cut some fun foam to size to see it that will work. I should be able to unmold this evening.

Donna