Revised Label #3....

Okay, everyone pretty much hated my font....so I went searching and found one I like better.

I also changed the name from "Bert's Place" to "Bert's Smelly Place".....sorry, I want my corny sense of humor thrown in there too! :P Please comment on that as well...

I only did my changes on the brown/blue label....I will more than likely still use the pink/brown colors.

Let me know what ya think....I WILL get this! :)

post-7385-139458427259_thumb.jpg

I like Bert's Candle Corner ... I didn't want to know where Bert's Smelly Place was. LOL!

Ok, back on point. I like this label. You've put alot of hard work into this today. The only thing that caused concern was the font for weight, no dye, etc. it is fading out...just make sure it will copy well. Sleep on it tonight, and see if you still like it in the a.m.

I like Berts Common Scents, I think it is catchy and cutesy but not toooo cutsey. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the bubbles, I think they are eye catching and different and they stand out and I just overall think it looks REALLY nice, jazzy. If I saw products labelled like that I would be inclined to buy, a cool product with a cool label. I totally believe that packaging helps sell a product and I think yours will. Oh by the way, did I tell you I like it? LOL

Okay, everyone pretty much hated my font....so I went searching and found one I like better.

I also changed the name from "Bert's Place" to "Bert's Smelly Place".....sorry, I want my corny sense of humor thrown in there too! :P Please comment on that as well...

I only did my changes on the brown/blue label....I will more than likely still use the pink/brown colors.

Let me know what ya think....I WILL get this! :)

Good call, for some reason these 2 colours go well together if matched good. When my girlfriend got married her colours were brown and pink and we all thought...okay...a little odd but they worked. They looked great!! If you match them good they will work out awesome!

I like Bert's Candle Corner better too. I also like both color schemes, but I'm not sure about the bubbles. I think it would be ok on soap or B&B, but on a candle? Nothing about a soy blend candle says bubbles. Sorry, just my opinion, and you know what everyone says about opinions...

I love the pink and brown together but I am a simple person, the bubbles would be fine on b&b but on candles it just looks to busy for me. If I had a border I would go for some kind of simple border, just a sorta thick pink border around the label. Just my :2cents:

Don't you need your address or similar on the front of the label?

I like Bert's Candle Corner better too. I also like both color schemes, but I'm not sure about the bubbles. I think it would be ok on soap or B&B, but on a candle? Nothing about a soy blend candle says bubbles. Sorry, just my opinion, and you know what everyone says about opinions...

I do appreciate your opinion....that's why I posted this for criticism. I understand what you're saying, but I was trying to go for a more retro look, so I thought "circles"....I did call them bubbles once, but was really going for a circular, funky look. Maybe they look too feminine, which is why they appear bubbly.....I wonder if changing the color scheme would help that. :confused:

If you're going with a clear label, remember, your 'white' areas will show through to the ivory/parchment colored wax. This will alter your brown/pink colors as well, making them more of beige undertones and you won't have the 'snap' that you do in the mockup.

If it were me, I'd forget the bubbles and since you're marketing a 'dye-free' candle, go with a snappy one color label on a clear label - showcasing the wax behind your logo. Instead of making the bubbles your focus, pick a quirky retro type for your company name that will give it some name recognition all across the board - from business cards to web sites to craft table banners. You want folks to remember the name, not the bubbles.

If you're going with a clear label, remember, your 'white' areas will show through to the ivory/parchment colored wax. This will alter your brown/pink colors as well, making them more of beige undertones and you won't have the 'snap' that you do in the mockup.

If it were me, I'd forget the bubbles and since you're marketing a 'dye-free' candle, go with a snappy one color label on a clear label - showcasing the wax behind your logo. Instead of making the bubbles your focus, pick a quirky retro type for your company name that will give it some name recognition all across the board - from business cards to web sites to craft table banners. You want folks to remember the name, not the bubbles.

I guess I was thinking the opposite.....all white candles=boring (to me). Since the candles wouldn't have the eye-catching appeal of color, I thought that a brighter, bolder label would be just what I need.

I have some other ideas that I'm toying around with in my head....once I get them on paper, I'll post it for critiquing.....perhaps a large disco ball....KIDDING!! :P

Bert's Smelly Place? I'd think twice about that one.

i would too ... in addition, and i didn't read other replies, I'd pick a border that is ummm more appealing and doesn't distract from your label (i.e. takes away from who you are or what the heck this is or cause headaches) and I'd try to do something where the scent and your name don't compete against each other for attention. To me these do.