National Starch Samples ???

ruba

I did go to their website and requset the three samples like lots of you have suggested. Here is my question... Did the reps call you to "talk" to you about your business and the "potential" future business?? I got a message on the phone regarding this. I am not a big business and would definitely be in the testing phases with these products since I have never used them before (Dry Flo, Hydrovance and Natrasorb Bath).

Any advice on what they are looking for except big companies that will make them tons of $$. Any help you guys and gals can offer would be great. I am not going to call them back until tomorrow.

TIA

Gee, I called them, and REQUESTED information. My info was taken, and I was told a rep would call me back. This was on Monday, and I still haven't heard from them. When you call them, will you ask them to call me, too???

I requested online about a year or so ago and promptly recieved a box with very good sizes sent to me about 2lbs each!! I don't recall them calling but I also dont usually answer my home phone or check messages much. I have recieved some surveys by email but thats it so far. I don't sell as yet and listed my business name as "Lara's Handmade" (Very original- I know :embarasse) and they still sent the samples out. But there policies may have changed.

Thanks Lindsay and Lara.

I will call tomorrow and find out if they are going to send the samples to my "little" business or not... on the message, they said something along the lines of they "don't usually send them to residental address". So we will see.

I will tell them that they need to call you Lindsay, and it would be in their best intrest to, since you do a substantial amount of business and could be a loss in sales for them.

I will post again on what happens so that others will be in the "know" if they get the call :wink2:

Hey guys/gals.

I just called them back and basically just wanted info... what I am going to use these for, is my business out of my home, how much will I be using annually, she said that she will get these out to me. I told here that I was using them for b&b, that my business is run out of my home and that I was still in the testing phase so don't know how mcuh I would be using at this time. Hope this helps anyone who gets the call back.

I tried ordering samples from them. They let me know that since I would not be ordering 50 to 100 pounds of product that they would prefer that I order small quantities to try from one of their partners (Brambleberry in this case). Unfortunately, Brambleberry does not carry all of the products I wanted to try. Guess I'll have to find someone else!

I wonder how many people who got samples actually bought anything from them.

A lot of businesses are getting stingy with their samples because they know some of the people asking for them are just getting them for their personal use. That's why you get the third degree when you ask for them.

Samples cost them money too, and what seems like a generous sized sample for homecrafters can be the equivalent of a perfume vile to a legitmate manufacturing facility making test batches.