PH Testing Strips from MMS

Carriegsxr6

Anyone else use these or know how accurate they are?

I just received some today and tested them on a new soap recipe I had curring for about 2 weeks now. I got a reading of a PH level of 7 and got pretty excited!!

I lathered up the bar and held the strip on the lather area of the bar for about 10 seconds, then held the strip up to the color chart.

Just wondering if anyone else has used these and has had good luck.

OK perhaps a stupid question that I just may get an answer to and go "Duh". lol But how would you be able to check the accuracy of these. I have these too and just always wondered how I would know if they were correct or not.

I would want them also cuz I am the curious type I just HAVE to know if I have done a good job at something and this is just one extra step to keep me in line (maybe its a mental thing) The PH strips at MMS are 2.00 for 100 and that link I posted with test results from various PH strips were 16.00 for 100........big difference, they always say you get what you pay for but hey who knows

I guess my question is what is the relevance of the pH of a finished bar of soap. Either it's zappy or it isn't. Soap is a high pH - not neutral or anything - so are you aiming for a particular number or is it a matter of curiosity.

I guess my question is what is the relevance of the pH of a finished bar of soap. Either it's zappy or it isn't. Soap is a high pH - not neutral or anything - so are you aiming for a particular number or is it a matter of curiosity.

That’s why I am curious. Because my bar soap tested 7, so if bar soaps are suppose to be high and not neutral, then why did I get a read of 7 PH?