Scent throw

Why is it that some scents will throw VERY strong at 1oz per pound, while others are rather weak? I know some scents are naturally stronger than others, but even if it is a light scent you would think you would still be able to smell them. I use all oils from Peak except for two. I tested Mac Apple last night and was so excited, but it didn't seem to throw that well for me. I use J223 and 44z wicks. Anyone have an explanation for why this happens?

It depends on the scent itself and if you are using the right size wick for the container. If your wick is too small, it won't burn hot enough and you won't get a deep enough melt pool to throw your scent. Zinc wicks are the coolest burning wicks and cottons are the hottest. Make sure you have the right size wick for your container.

It depends on the scent itself and if you are using the right size wick for the container. If your wick is too small, it won't burn hot enough and you won't get a deep enough melt pool to throw your scent. Zinc wicks are the coolest burning wicks and cottons are the hottest. Make sure you have the right size wick for your container.

Thanks Fern...I don't think the wick is the problem, melt pools and flame tested fine, just the scent didn't throw very well for me and I was hoping this would be another Rose or Blackberry Sage and just knock my socks off. Oh well. Back to the drawing board:cry2:

i have not tried the mac apple but i have tried several of peaks fo,s. i use 1945 wax if it does a so so throw. i use j 50 if it does not through in that give up on it. i have used all kind of wicks. as long as you get a good melt pool i do not think it is the wick.i add 1.5 oz of scent to a lb of wax if the scent does not do good i dont use it.pecks hyacinth is a good strong scent.that is the best one i have found so far.i have enough left of the sample bottle i bought.that would do about a 1/4 lb wax.if you wont me to i could send it to you.you would have to weight how much before you add the wax.i would make between a 1/4 ounce and a half ounce of fo to 1/4 lb of wax.there cinnamon and balsam did ok in 1945 good enough that i will try it in j 50 to see if it works.i have hopes for it i think you might get a good scent through with it at 1.5 oz.

lbtddr...I use Peaks almost exclusively and normally don't have this issue. I did only use 1oz per lb because i only purchased a 1oz sample. Maybe at 1.5 it would be better. Or, it could be also that I need to give it a rest for a few days and try again. Thanks so much you guys for all your advice and input!