Easy beginners 4 oil soap recipe

Carriegsxr6

Even though this is an easy recipe, I think the soap quality numbers look great and it bubbles wonderfully!!!

Coconut Oil 25%

Lard (can sub with Palm Oil) 25%

Olive Oil 40%

Soybean Oil 10%

Run this recipe through SoapCalc.com to calculate lye and water amounts.

Soap Qualities:

Hardness 38

Cleansing 17

Condition 57

Bubbly lath. 17

Creamy lath. 21

Iodine 63

INS 149

This is really similar to the second one I made.

I used

25% Coconut

25% Lard

25% Olive

5% Castor

20% Soybean

Soap Qualities:

Hardness 37

Cleansing 17

Condition 58

Bubbly lath. 22

Creamy lath. 25

Its not really hard yet, but its been sitting since sunday afternoon. By hard, I mean like store bought. Its firm, and I did it in the crockpot.

:yay:

This is really similar to the second one I made.

:yay:

That looks like a nice recipe too.

It may not be as hard with twice as much soybean oil in it though. The Iodine number is what measures the true hardness of the bar. Your Iodine level is 68, the higher the number the softer the bar. Using Palm Oil instead of Lard will also lower the iodine level just a tad as well. But I dont think its available at Walmart.

Excellent Carrie~Another wonderful thing about this recipe is, you can go to (Super) Walmart and get all the ingredients! Stop off at Lowe's for your lye, and git bizzy.:wink2:

so true. thats why i decided to post it since so many new soap makers are usually looking for an easy recipe they can make with items from a nearby store. Of course once they get bit by the bug, they will surely want to tweek it more for their own skins needs. :wink2:

• 1 year later...
Even though this is an easy recipe, I think the soap quality numbers look great and it bubbles wonderfully!!!

Coconut Oil 25%

Lard (can sub with Palm Oil) 25%

Olive Oil 40%

Soybean Oil 10%

Run this recipe through SoapCalc.com to calculate lye and water amounts.

Soap Qualities:

Hardness 38

Cleansing 17

Condition 57

Bubbly lath. 17

Creamy lath. 21

Iodine 63

INS 149

*bump*

Only JUST made my first batch yesterday and already looking fr more recipe ideas.......... BUT I keep coming up with lard or palm - what can I use to sub either/both of them???

:confused::confused::confused:

tia

b

The palm or lard is there to get a harder bar. If you don't want to use these just increase your Olive oil to cover the difference, it will take longer for the bars to harden, but they will be very hard after they cure.

Why are you opposed to the palm? There was a very lively debate about this on another forum and it turns out that most of the negative info floating around is false and misleading.