how do you make shaped bath oil beads ?

For starters, take a look at these fizzy bomb recipes:

http://www.teachsoap.com/bombs.html

The second and third ones are closest to what I do, although I don't use borax or witch hazel.

Here's a basic solid bubble bath formula:

1 cup baking soda

1 cup SLSa

1/3 cup cream of tartar

1/3 cup liquid - (such as glycerin, cocamide DEA, coco betaine, etc)

colorant

fragrance

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and add the fragrance a few drops at a time until the desired shade and scent are achieved. Mix the colorant & liquid and add it a little at a time until the mixture holds together in your hand - something like damp sand. Transfer to your mold(s) and press firmly. Unmold after a few hours and let them dry on waxed paper for a couple of days.

Hope this works for you!

j

I haven't used these so I don't know if this is possible, but what would happen if you melted and remolded jojoba beads? Being jojoba is really a wax, depending on how they're formulated...maybe that would work? You could dust the mold with mica for the metallic looking ones.

For starters, take a look at these fizzy bomb recipes:

http://www.teachsoap.com/bombs.html

The second and third ones are closest to what I do, although I don't use borax or witch hazel.

Here's a basic solid bubble bath formula:

1 cup baking soda

1 cup SLSa

1/3 cup cream of tartar

1/3 cup liquid - (such as glycerin, cocamide DEA, coco betaine, etc)

colorant

fragrance

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and add the fragrance a few drops at a time until the desired shade and scent are achieved. Mix the colorant & liquid and add it a little at a time until the mixture holds together in your hand - something like damp sand. Transfer to your mold(s) and press firmly. Unmold after a few hours and let them dry on waxed paper for a couple of days.

Hope this works for you!

j

I know when I put mine into a shaped mold mine wouldnt come out, and finally when they did they were in pieces. Maybe I'm just unlucky with the solid bubble bath but when I asked for help on them every one said they were't for use in molds like that just mainly log molds or to mold with your hands. I was so excited to try them too :cry2:

I know when I put mine into a shaped mold mine wouldnt come out, and finally when they did they were in pieces. Maybe I'm just unlucky with the solid bubble bath but when I asked for help on them every one said they were't for use in molds like that just mainly log molds or to mold with your hands. I was so excited to try them too :cry2:

I put some of my fizzy bath bombs in molds - I use Milky Way's Resting Woman and Critters molds. I have to let my mixture completely dry and then they usually just pop out. If I try to unmold too early, they will fall apart when umolding. When you've done it, how long did you wait to unmold?

I put some of my fizzy bath bombs in molds - I use Milky Way's Resting Woman and Critters molds. I have to let my mixture completely dry and then they usually just pop out. If I try to unmold too early, they will fall apart when umolding. When you've done it, how long did you wait to unmold?

I swear I'm not trying to hi-jack this thread LOL. I had 2 sets. The first one I tried to unmold a day and a half later the other I let sit for a week. Maybe Im just cursed :cry2: I used the recipe off pvsoap. I even tried the freezer nothing worked.

I swear I'm not trying to hi-jack this thread LOL. I had 2 sets. The first one I tried to unmold a day and a half later the other I let sit for a week. Maybe Im just cursed :cry2: I used the recipe off pvsoap. I even tried the freezer nothing worked.

I am not familiar with what recipe you are talking about. Is it the bubble bars? I could see that recipe being a bugger to unmold - I made it once and could never get it to dry. I need to try it again. Maybe try tweaking your recipe to see what you can come up with. I hope you can get it worked out. Bath Bombs in molds are just too cute. :)