Moving Supplies...

Not sure if this is the correct place to post so please forgive if I have posted in the wrong place!:confused: (move me if I have posted in the wrong place and I will beg forgivness:whip:

DH and I are moving in Jul-Aug time frame. What is the most safe manner in which to move my supplies (wax, FO, color etc)

I know the military won't allow their movers to move candles so I am concerned as I have quite a bit invested in my testing supplies!:embarasse

The fam and I are moving from England to AZ this September and I am in the same boat! I've some time to use up most of my FOs, so I will be pretty much giving away lots of candles to friends and family before we leave. I would mail the other stuff you really want to keep to your new address or temporary address at the on base P.O. Have a fun move!

Tighten the caps on all FOs, tape them and put 'em in plastic bag...basically pack them the same way they were packed when you received them from supplier. Same with any liquid colorants.

July-Aug are our hottest months here in AZ. Paraffin wax does kinda ok with the heat but soy and soy/paraffin blends get really soft so I'd double bag and tape the wax and use lots of packing peanuts. Label your boxes so that when you get here, you can grab those boxes and get them out of the heat. HTH

Not sure if this is the correct place to post so please forgive if I have posted in the wrong place!:confused: (move me if I have posted in the wrong place and I will beg forgivness:whip:

DH and I are moving in Jul-Aug time frame. What is the most safe manner in which to move my supplies (wax, FO, color etc)

I know the military won't allow their movers to move candles so I am concerned as I have quite a bit invested in my testing supplies!:embarasse

I'm facing the very same issue around the same time. We move first part of August and having done this a million times, I know the military wont be moving my candle stuff. What we have decided to do is to do a partial DITY (do it yourself) move. The military will still pick up what they are allowed from your home, but you will get paid to move some of your own stuff as well. We did this coming from Alaska and it was awesome. You dont even have to rent a uhaul to qualify for it either, we moved 2 cars really weighed down. What I plan to do is put all my FO's in a bag as suggested, and then set them in an empty cooler so it stays in a dark place. We are choosing to move with a pull along trailer attached to son's car, and I have kept all my boxes for my glassware along the way so I will pack anything premade (which isnt a lot at this point) in those. I have my turkey fryer full of wax, kept the box, and plan on putting fryer back in box to move. I have a case of soy that I hope does fine just like it is in the trailer. Good luck with your move :grin2: