Has anyody heard of this Candle Company

Old Williamsburgh Candle Co. They had a recall on some candles.

Me and Stephanie went to the Dollar Tree tonight. We didnt feel like getting all dressed up to go to Wal Mart.:laugh2: Anyway I picked up one of these candles and looked at it. The wick is not even close to the center and there are some strange looking holes on the candle you can see them through the jar. They look like pits. I will get some pictures of it and post them. The wick is about a 1/4" away from the bottom of the container.

I googled the company when I got home and this is the link for the recall.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07092.html

Rob in tx

What scares me, is that you saw that candle tonight and that recall was from January, which makes me think they are doing the same thing over and over!

Or....Dollar Tree didnt pull them from the shelf. I went into a Dollar General last week here where I live and had to tell them they had dog treats on their shelf from that recall....I am just praying no one bought them....the manager said "I never got a note telling me to"...WOW....makes you think!

What Robert didn't explain well in his post was that when we were checking out, the cashier was instructed by the cash register to call for a manager. She did this and the manager said "We can't sell this, it's been recalled". That's when Robert told her he didn't plan on burning it, if that made a difference. I told her she had better take the rest of these candles off the shelf then, because there were alot of these sitting over there! Do you think she left us to go over there to check it out??? NO!! She just went on about her business! When we took off the bottom label, it's no wonder that the wick moves and makes the jar hot!! :mad: It's not attached to the bottom of the jar!! How do they mass produce and manage to just stick a wick in, without attaching it to the bottom??

This is a brand new Dollar Tree that opened in our area, and has more room and very thing is not in boxes in the isles, like the older one we have close by. Why would they be sending Recalled candles to a new store?? I will be writing to the Dollar Tree Office and explaining this and see where that leads to. :rolleyes2

On a side note, I did find some neat stuff for teacher gifts for the end of school!! Gotta love it, when you have 9-10 teachers to give to!!:yay:

I thought Dollar Tree was where recalls ended up. LOL! When I can get unscented candles there for about 50 cents a pound, I buy them up to remelt.

Incidentally, how would you stick the wick to the bottom of a mason jar? I can imagine a life-threatening situation (for my husband) following an attempt to do that, but then I've never made jar candles before.

Kelly