How Much Time?

P&V

I currently run a business from home while taking care of my 2 children, pets not included..... Time is really tight around here sometimes and I don't want to start something I can't finish & clean up. I've found myself scrambling on some other things I've made and would prefer to avoid the chaos if possible (I have enough of that).

Can anyone tell me how much time I should allow myself to make body butter & the whipped shea?

Thanks a bunch Lady.

I totally messed up a formula one day because I didn't give myself enough time and ended up rushing. If I hadn't been documenting what I was doing I wouldn't have even known. Luckily, it wasn't a major waist, just really annoying. I suppose it's all part of the learning process but I like to try to learn from my mistakes.

Some with small children make their stuff in the evening after their children are in bed and/or during nap times. If your children are small and not yet in school, perhaps you can also enroll them in a preschool a few days a week to allow Mom some time for herself like making B&B and the kids time to interact with other kids. It is always a challenge to balance our families with our careers or hobbies. A Mom's job is 24 hours a day but I'm sure you will get it figured out.

Well said! I took that advise from my Grandma years ago and it saved my sanity. Now, my children are 13 (girl, Bug) and 8 (boy, Bubba). They attend 2 different schools, on different sides of town at different times. I will NOT let them ride the bus, therefore I drive them. In addition, we have a lot of 4-h animals to be tended to, and run our own business (read: wife on call constantly)! This is all good and I consider myself a very lucky girl. I just want to plan out my me time. This is very important to me and I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to certian things and if I can't finish what I start or mess up because of my lack of planning it takes the fun out of it for me. But I am getting my groove!