for those in the UK, candle insurance, how many

it probably wasn't your intention, but this post makes me think that you believe i've been lying to you when I say that insurance is the most important thing you can have if you wish to sell products that can potentially destroy a persons home.

if 10 people replied that they didn't have insurance, and only 2 people replied that they did - would you go ahead and sell without insurance under the assumption that "if it's ok for them, it's OK for me?"

Personally for me, it's not a matter of doing it wrong if others are doing it wrong - it's a moral issue and a professionalism issue. If you DID get a lawsuit slapped against you - the argument "so and so doesn't have insurance, so I chose not to get any either" won't help.

But in any case, I won't post on this issue with you any more as it seems you don't trust my responses. I don't wish to spoil a nice online friendship with arguments, so this is me signing off this topic. My last word would be "do what's right, do what's professional and do it asap before it turns round and bites you in the arse".

Nat, the reason for this thread, was to find out if anyone in the UK had it as an extension to their home insurance, not really whether they had it or not.

As I was typing it, I thought, well if they haven't got it, why not, as they obviously should have.

I'm due to change my house insurance in the next month, thats why.

I won't be selling anything that hasn't been tested and is then put onto my website, whenever that may be

Nat' date=' the reason for this thread, was to find out if anyone in the UK had it as an extension to their home insurance, not really whether they had it or not.

As I was typing it, I thought, well if they haven't got it, why not, as they obviously should have.

I'm due to change my house insurance in the next month, thats why.

I won't be selling anything that hasn't been tested and is then put onto my website, whenever that may be[/quote']

apologies - i re-read the original and my brain blanked out a few words so I must have misunderstood your post. Ignore me, I'm just super tired.

I don't believe you can get it on house insurance though. I dug out my ian walker policy and they do one for 2million at £80 if that helps. They may even had a cheaper one for 1 million to get you going - you won't be able to use that one at craft fairs or public selling as they require 2 to 5 million but it should get you started on the web.