What's too much when it comes to color?

I know that color will clog up your wick if you get too much. But, what is too much? I have color blocks, but have switched over to liquid and it does seem to work ok, just wondering how many drops per pound of wax would be considered max. and what would normal be? I have decided on the Calsoy CB3 and relatives and friends want color. What do you use say for pumpkin pie spice, baked apple, mulberry and cider. I put 2 drops in about a 1/2 lb. of wax, but would like to go darker. Any input and color suggestions will be appreciated. Beth

The liquid I use says it can go up to 20 or sometimes 40 drops per pound. I can get a fairly dark cranberry or brown with liquid dyes. I haven't had them clog or frost yet. What does the manufacturer of your dye recommend?

For pumkin I have done brown and orange together, it looks like pumkin pie. Mulberry I use mauve. I haven't used the other scents you mentioned. I think apple could go burgundy or light green.