Candle's and Weddings!

Hi,

My friend is getting married in July and she asked me today if I would make the wedding favors for her bridesmaids and maybe some of the table decorations for the reception!

I'm so excited :yay: I kinda already have a few ideas, but would love it if you all could share some of your ideas.

She has 11 bridesmaids. We're not sure of how many tables @ the reception yet. Her wedding colors are White, Black, and Red.

Most wedding candles for centrepieces are usually unscented, but on occasions, brides do request scented. Keeping them unscented is more or less to respect the guests that are sensitive to fragrances plus it doesn't interfere with the food.

I am just finishing up my brother in laws wedding stuff. I did butterfly floaters with 4 flower floaters around it for the centerpieces, 120 4 oz tins in vanilla and they are in acetate boxes with matches (that Raggedy Dani kindly is sending me, again life saver!) and I have a label with their name and 2 little kids to on the match books and then ribbon on the box. I made 4 of those wedding cakes to go on their head table, 3 forever pillars for the table where you sign their guest book: one has a pic of the two of them the other ones are smaller and each one has a pic of them when they were 2. Weddings are fun, it is endless what you can do.

I love all these ideas. My son is getting married in September and I am making the table favors. I am making votive roses (kit from consultant corner)which I have made before and are always a favorite. I really like the idea of the 4 oz tins in the acetate box with matches too. Keep the ideas coming....I might change my mind and make something different.:grin2:

NancyT

Depending on how many "scented" candles you have set up, that can become a very overbearing scent.

This is why most candles are done unscented. You could do maybe 25/75 scented unscented.

I did some for my daughter's best friend who recently got married. We did them all the same color but only 30% were scented in vanilla. After discussing the scents available, we were concerned with how strong floral and "clean" scents were. Vanilla seemed the best bet. My daughter said the scent was subtle but still smelled good without gagging them all lol.

Just my thoughts on it.

I'm doing wedding favors right now too! The bride picked a scent exclusively made for a little shop, however I duped it, since it was her fav. Its a mix of vanilla, cinnamon, amaretto, and almond. I'm making votives and putting them in little acetate boxes. I'm wrapping ribbon personalized with their name and date around the box with a little bow. I'll post pics when I am done!

I'm doing wedding favors right now too! The bride picked a scent exclusively made for a little shop, however I duped it, since it was her fav. Its a mix of vanilla, cinnamon, amaretto, and almond. I'm making votives and putting them in little acetate boxes. I'm wrapping ribbon personalized with their name and date around the box with a little bow. I'll post pics when I am done!

Ok I am drooling at the thoughts of that mix. I bet it smells AWESOME!!!

I love all these ideas. My son is getting married in September and I am making the table favors. I am making votive roses (kit from consultant corner)which I have made before and are always a favorite. I really like the idea of the 4 oz tins in the acetate box with matches too. Keep the ideas coming....I might change my mind and make something different.:grin2:

NancyT

What do votive roses look like? I am curious now, lol, never seen those, well at least I dont think so...

All the candles I made were unscented except for the tins. One wedding I did they had pearberry very faint and the wedding was outside so it wasnt too too bad.