Balm/Salves Packaging

ladysj

I was just curious as to what type of containers most of you package yours in and what size. I have a few flat 8 ounce tins not very many though and some 2 ounce white jars. Do you think the white jars would be okay and what price ranges do you price yours at? TIA for any help.

Sandra

I have pretty much quit using tins for salves. I use a 1 or 2 oz jar for mine now. The slightest bit of heat and some salves/balms will start melting.. Then they will make a mess in the container in which they are stored.. which will definately find its way to the labels of it and other containers.

This is how I think about it.... salves and balms are generally for 'spot usage'. Meaning... elbows, boobos, lips, knees, etc. So overall they tend to last quite a while and not much is needed at each use. Remember the thread about Zim's Crack creme? They don't sell that in anything bigger than a 2 oz tube I beleive and most of it I have seen has been in less than 1 oz pots.

Call me crazy but I personally get bored of a product that I have too much of.

Where as LovelyLathers's garden balm probably has lots of goodies in it which would take up more space and I'm assuming she mostly markets it in the summer when it will be used repeatedly and her bigger size makes more sense. Also it would take more balm or salve to use on hands or feet than elbows and other 'spots'. Hope that makes sense.:grin2: