Net weight or Volume weight For Soy Wax?

I have a question been making candles for a year now but have a question.

Lets say I'm making a 16 oz candle. What I do is turn presto pot on, when wax is hot pour in pyrex jar to about 15 oz add 6% to 8% FO,

My question is do you weight you wax in the pyrex or whatever you use or do pour wax to the volume amount ?

15 fluid ounces (by your Pyrex)of wax weighs less than 15 oz. You'll need need to weigh it. Once you figure out how many fl oz you need (by looking at your Pyrex after weighing), you can fill to that line. I have to fill mine past the 16oz mark to get a pound of wax.

15 fluid ounces (by your Pyrex)of wax weighs less than 15 oz. You'll need need to weigh it. Once you figure out how many fl oz you need (by looking at your Pyrex after weighing), you can fill to that line. I have to fill mine past the 16oz mark to get a pound of wax.

So everything is done by weight and not volume. Weight the wax, then weight the FO. O.K. Reason I ask is cause there are times when i have wax left over, like 1oz to 2 oz when filling jar up.

So everything is done by weight and not volume. Weight the wax, then weight the FO. O.K. Reason I ask is cause there are times when i have wax left over, like 1oz to 2 oz when filling jar up.

Yes, everything should always be done be weight, not volume. Wax, oils, additives, everything. HTH.

Just want to make sure I got this straight. Lets say I want to make a 28oz candle. Weight wax in pyrex jar to about 26 oz weighted then add FO at 8% 2.05 oz. (26oz wieght wax plus 2oz FO weight) =28oz candle

Yes, that's right...it's kinda nice when the light bulb finally turns on! :)