Heavy scents + Harmony Blend (4630) = Nightmare

:confused: Hi y'all. I have searched this forum endlessly and tested to my wit's end and I would love your opinions/thoughts. I love this wax-great color, great throw. On the light scents (Rose, Jasmine), no problem. But I can't wick the heavy scents-Black Raspberry Vanilla, Amish Harvest, Clove, Blackberry Sage. The odd thing is, I get good melt pool, great throw, good initial flame, but after an hour or two, the flame gets teeny tiny. If I wick up a lot I get too much flame, otherwise tiny. No medium flame, ever.

I have tried wicking up, wicking down, and every wick I can readily get my hands on except Eco. I have tried HTP, CD, RRD, LX, Peak's cotton, and A&P cotton. (Can't use Zinc, customers don't like it). Has anyone tried ECO or paper core wicks with this wax? Am I forced to cut down on the FO to .5 oz per pound? Are these scents effective at this load?

I use IGI Harmony Blend (4630), Peak's FOs at 1 oz per pound of wax, Peak's liquid dye, and 4 oz. jelly jars (2.5" diameter).

Thanks to everyone, all help is appreciated. Julie

Its a really hard wax to wick, I gave up. I am using my leftover wax to make wickless candles. I switched to the 6006 and I really like it. I havent had alot of time to make candles lately, very busy 14 month old plus I am trying to get caught up on my scrapbooking.

:confused: Hi y'all. I have searched this forum endlessly and tested to my wit's end and I would love your opinions/thoughts. I love this wax-great color, great throw. On the light scents (Rose, Jasmine), no problem. But I can't wick the heavy scents-Black Raspberry Vanilla, Amish Harvest, Clove, Blackberry Sage. The odd thing is, I get good melt pool, great throw, good initial flame, but after an hour or two, the flame gets teeny tiny. If I wick up a lot I get too much flame, otherwise tiny. No medium flame, ever.

I have tried wicking up, wicking down, and every wick I can readily get my hands on except Eco. I have tried HTP, CD, RRD, LX, Peak's cotton, and A&P cotton. (Can't use Zinc, customers don't like it). Has anyone tried ECO or paper core wicks with this wax? Am I forced to cut down on the FO to .5 oz per pound? Are these scents effective at this load?

I use IGI Harmony Blend (4630), Peak's FOs at 1 oz per pound of wax, Peak's liquid dye, and 4 oz. jelly jars (2.5" diameter).

Thanks to everyone, all help is appreciated. Julie

Try a paper core wick and add some polybost 130 (by s & s Chem) you can increase the F/L it binds the F/O with the 4630 :yay:

Try a paper core wick and add some polybost 130 (by s & s Chem) you can increase the F/L it binds the F/O with the 4630 :yay:

Wow, that's exciting! I will try it. I really don't want to give up on this wax because it throws so well, looks great, and it is easy to work with (except wicking heavy FO.) Thank you very much for your reply! :highfive:

• 4 months later...