Reed Diffusers?

valerie6

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone out there uses these and what your thoughts are on these.I read on a few sights that you can Only use reed diffuser oil that is especially made for them and a few other sights said that you could use your candle fo and use it 50/50 with the reed diffuser oil. Have not done any of these yet so I was wondering what other out there thought. My Step mom wants several and I want them to be very strong like the one she purchased some where else.

Thanks so Much!!

Valerie

I have been testing them. Make sure your diffuser base does not have DPG because it is thicker and the reeds can't absorb the oils. I have seen some people prefer perfumers alcohol as the base which helps them smell stronger but dry out faster. Places like the chemistry store, ICS, WSP all have the base. I am sure there are others, I just know these for sure. Candles and Supplies has something they call a fragrance oil enhancer but they sure like the price tag in it lol.

I use 1 oz of FO per 3 oz of diffuser base in my 4 oz bottles. I think the max is a 70% base + 30% fo and minimum is 90% base + 10% fo. Its all a personal preference. There are some oils that do not do well like vanilla and the thicker oils because the reeds can't absorb them as easy.

I have had one set up for a month in my bathroom. I have to turn the reeds once a week. The one I put in my big living room isn't throwing near as well because the room is bigger. I also have to turn my reeds more in the bigger room.

They won't be strong like candles but will have a nice subtle fragrance in smaller rooms and bathrooms.

Just be prepared to test these more than candles. The oils, base and reeds are just as finicky as trying to wick a candle lol.

Hope this helps some!

Thanks, for the info I will be testing again and again. I just ordered some diffuser oils from wellington so I can compare the ones I mix with the diffuser oil. thanks I may be back to ask more questions.

Valerie

Thanks, for the info I will be testing again and again. I just ordered some diffuser oils from wellington so I can compare the ones I mix with the diffuser oil. thanks I may be back to ask more questions. Valerie

Wellington FO's may be the problem. If you do a search on here, you will find, that Wellington FO's are not that great.