Packco Impulse Sealer w/Cutter

Cissy

Has anyone used this Impulse heat sealer with the cutter to package tarts, etc.?

www.packcoinc.com

If so, can you explain exactly how it works? Just wondering if it is worth the

difference in the price to get the one with the cutter, specifically, if it will save packaging time? I also wondered if the cutter has to be replaced or sharpened periodically. Anyone tried this yet?

Thanks everyone.

I already use the Packco sealer without the cutter. I find if I turn the temperature high enough to "leave" the extra, the teflon seems to wear out quicker, so I turned temp lower, but then I have to seal and cut each edge with scissors (time consuming). What I have been doing is to cut strips 3-4 inches (during my TV time). I then place tart into tubing, seal each end with sealer, trim both ends with scissors, and shrink with heat gun. This takes way too much time. I just might be doing this the hard way. Anyone have a better technique that I'm just missing? This is why I was hoping by buying the one with the cutter, it would save me some packaging time. With the scissors, I can cut sealed edges closely. I'm just not sure how the one with the cutter will do this. Eugenia, does it trim the edges very closely? Do you seal each end separately, then cut with the wire, or do you have a better and quicker technique for this? I am always looking for a better, quicker, and cheaper (if possible) way to do everything (LOL), but never to lower the quality of a product.

As it seals, it cuts, all in one step, so it will be much faster than your current process. I love mine! I use the tubing. I cut a long piece. Seal one end. Put a tart in, slide to the end, seal and cut, put the next in, etc.

e

Thanks, Eugenia

I can see that this will be faster than the way I've been doing it. I had thought about doing this way before, but never actually tried it 'cause I thought it would just "smear" up the tubing too much while dropping down that far. I'll try this first with my current sealer to see how it smears. Silly me, I should have tried that already. If that looks OK, then I want to order the one with the cutter.

One more question, though: When you seal the tubing, how wide is the sealed part of the tubing (after the sealer wire cuts it)?