heat and humidity

How have you found that heat and humidity affects the set up of your candles?

I thought with warmer temps my candles would set up nicer but... two days ago I poured a bunch of tester candles and the tops of the candles looked worse than crators on the moon :mad: . It was extremely humid and about 85F outside. The candles I poured later in the day when it was cooler had smoother tops. Also, the first candles I poured took forever to set up. Can a candle cool too slow :confused: ?

Thanks for your input, Shine

I think the weather is the biggest factor for soy -- jmo! We have a LOT of humidity here & I can get very different results from the same batch of wax if I wait to pour some of the wax during different weather conditions. I've said it before, but adding beeswax has helped me concur this problem more than anything else.

Susan.

Shine,

are you finding different testing burn results in this type of weather too?

I've always wondered how the heat effects test results. I mean it doesn't take much to get a melt pool in 85-90 degree weather compared to 65-70.

I never have changed wicking because of temp or weather. It's hard enough to find a good wick without trying to decide what the temperature will be when it's burned. JMO Before my air goes on I have the worst time with the time it takes for the wax to set up and how it will look. I have fans all over the place trying to cool the room off.

Jeana,

Yes, the heat has affected my test burns. I was testing 3 different wick sizes in 6 different FO's. The first 2 days of testing with all three wick sizes I had no or very little wax hang up with all 3 wick sizes. This never happens. Then the weather turned cold again and after burning 1/2 way down the candles and having no hang up I now have wax building up on the edges of the candles. Usually the opposite happens. Now I don't know what size wick to use in these candles. I'm so confused and frustrated :confused: .

Shine