Face Cream/Lotion?

Hi!

I've been wanting to create a face cream for a while now and found a recipe in Natural Beauty at Home. I messed with the recipe a bit and came up with this:

Oil Phase

¼ cup Apricot Kernal Oil

¼ cup palm stearic acid

Water Phase

½ tsp baking soda

2 TBSP glycerine

1 cup aloe gel

Preservative

.06 oz Germaben II

What are your thoughts? Seems like a lot of stearic acid to me. I'm new to making lotions (rather than body butters). Your input would be much appreciated!

Thanks

April

It doesn't look like there's an emulsifier in this recipe...or maybe I'm not reading it correctly. That is a lot of stearic and usually, at least in recipes I've tried, there's more ewax than stearic. Your's has no ewax at all.

Try

Water 60%

Aloe Vera Gel 19%

Glycerin 2%

FCO 5%

Meadowfoam Oil 7.50%

Emulsifying Wax NF 3%

Sweet Almond Oil 2.50%

Stearic Acid 1%

Preservative

Essential Oil

It doesn't look like there's an emulsifier in this recipe...or maybe I'm not reading it correctly. That is a lot of stearic and usually, at least in recipes I've tried, there's more ewax than stearic. Your's has no ewax at all.

Try

Water 60%

Aloe Vera Gel 19%

Glycerin 2%

FCO 5%

Meadowfoam Oil 7.50%

Emulsifying Wax NF 3%

Sweet Almond Oil 2.50%

Stearic Acid 1%

Preservative

Essential Oil

I've been looking for a good face cream recipe. Does this go on smooth and creamy? I made some similar to this and it didn't go on smooth at all it felt really funky lol Hard to describe it.

I've been looking for a good face cream recipe. Does this go on smooth and creamy? I made some similar to this and it didn't go on smooth at all it felt really funky lol Hard to describe it.

Well it's smooth and creamy for me - somewhat light. I don't know if I'd recommend a facial lotion though for acne/blackheads. You might want to try an oil cleansing method to help in that regard.