ISO of Soy Wax for Tarts

I have used KY tart/votive blend and GB 444 for my tarts. I also have the GB 416 but it has left a white powdery residue on some of my tarts so I have to mix it with some soy to omit that.

The only soy I have tried that isn't great for tarts is my GB 415. Its a softer soy and will smear and make a mess in packaging for stand alone tarts.

I pour mine when the wax starts getting cloudy and have no problems with sink holes. I only had sink holes in one batch and I think the problem was I poured too hot. I haven't had it happen since.

If I never made another candle again, I would be happy and stick with tarts BUT I am determined to conquer the challenge of candles while I still have some hair that hasn't turned gray from it all:laugh2:

The 444 is giving me a nightmare in my candles too but ironically enough my tarts are smooth and pretty. I mismeasured on a couple candles so I poured the excess into one of my silicone tart molds. They ended up smooth and glossy looking. Because its a littler harder wax than the 415. I had no smudges or smearing when I put them in a cello bag.

I pour it in my clamshells now but the only thing different I do if I am solely making a batch of tarts is let it cool down to where I can see a little cloudiness then I pour.

Hope this helps!

The KY tart/votive blend is great. No shrinkage or sink holes. Comes in granular form, so it's super easy to use. Plus they aren't too far from you, so shipping shouldn't be too bad.

HTH

BTW I could send a pound to try : )

The KY tart/votive blend is great. No shrinkage or sink holes. Comes in granular form, so it's super easy to use. Plus they aren't too far from you, so shipping shouldn't be too bad.

HTH

BTW I could send a pound to try : )

Oh that would be great. I'm sending you a PM.