Pillar Wax problem!

The place I use to get my pillar wax is no more - unfortunately the hurricanes were the problems. I need some pillar wax and found a dealer closer to me... can one tell me about Astorlites 6228 pillar wax? Another one listed was Astorlite V. I need to get this ordered today I appreciate any help or advice. Thanks.

Do you want something similar to what you were using? Maybe you can tell us what it was and what kind of pillars you were making with it.

In the meantime, 6228 is a preformulated blend (wax plus additives) for colorful opaque pillar candles. It's pretty popular. Astorlite V is a high melt point blend for one-pour votives.

I was using IGI-4625. What is that mottle pillar blend? I like the pre-blended, have never added additives myself before. You said the Astorlite has a high melt point is that a negative? I've been pouring at about 175 with the IGI and they have come out fine. This candle waxing for fun and gifts sure requires a lot of information, thought, time, and money - but have to admit I love it. :D

OK6228 isn't too far removed from 4625 so you shouldn't have a problem with it. As mentioned above, it doesn't mottle or make rustics, but it's a preblend like you're used to, and colors about the same as your wax. (I tried that wax at some point but went back to OK6228).

If you want to try mottled, use either 1343A, 1274 or 4045H - I don't know if your supplier carries any of them, but it doesn't hurt to ask :)

DanaE