new guy with questions about palm oil wax

A bit of background first. I run my own small business specializing in macrame and other rope related items. As a side product, I am wanting to make rope-candles. These would be for display only, so such things as sent throw or wicking do not matter to me much. I already have a rope shaped mold and have been working on color dyes to match the look of rope.

Anyway, Im interested in using crystallizing wax to create a 'textured' look that would match what a rope looks like. However, I am coming into a few questions ....

1) Does all palm wax crystallize? Does any other wax besides palm crystallize?

2) What is the melting point of palm wax and can I effect the size of the crystals by pouring at different temperatures?

3) Is it possible to get 100% pure palm? My customer base is big into "all natural" products.

4) Will palm wax degrade or otherwise harm a plastic mold?

5) Does anyone know of a supplier of palm wax who will ship to a PO box instead of a home address?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice that you can give me.

1.To best of my knowledge all palm waxes will crystallize.

2. That is going to depend on the palm wax you need to check with your supplier.

3. Several supplier are offering 100% palm wax.

4.No palm waxes will not hurt a plastic mold.

5.I can not think of a single supplier that will ship to a P.O. box. You can get some to ship FOs to a P.O.

Now that I have answered those questions here some advice even if you never expect your candle to be burn you need to test and get your wicking right as I promise you some one will burn that candle. So you wicking is very important.

1) Every Palm wax that I have used, does crystalize.

2)MP is around 135, heat to 180 add scents/color, pour around 150 into ALUMINUM molds - heated to 140. If you don't use the aluminum molds you get a much smaller crysatlization look.

3)Yes

4)Not that I have a seen, but I only use aluminum molds.

5)I think Issaquah Candle Supply will ship to PO boxes since he will ship via USPS parcel post. I get all my wax from him, but I pick it up.

I can tell you that right now I am using Astorlite F & PQ, but I am only going to work with the F as the new PQ is not working for me, though I loved it before the palm wax was changed.