Best Commercial Hand and Body Lotion

Anyone have any personal favorites? Would love to hear them, and some reasons.

What makes a great lotion base? Quick absorbing? Moisturizing? Non greasy?

Some of these characteristics are almost mutually exclussive aren't they? Like, the more highly moisturizing, normally, the more greasy it feels. Just would love some thoughts.

Is that "Glycerin" feel that you are referring to that very oily/greasy feel?

There is a line called "Camille Beckman" which is the top selling personal care line in private retailers, in this country, which is most famous for what they call their "Glycerine Hand Therapy" which is kind of a thick cream, which to my very uneducated eye, seems VERY greasy/oily.

I think that MMS's body cream is the bomb! Very affordable, and best of all you don't need to add any polysorbate with your fragrance oil.. This was a huge favorite with family and freinds till I made my own.. To me, somewhat oily is okay as long as it absorbs quickly. Chandler Jane.. you are very talented from what I have seen and read from your website.. and from reading your posts on TSR... you can make your own just the way you like it! I started making candles, but I have to tell you.. I have 10 times more requests for my body butter over my candles.. Let me know if I can help with what I have learned..

OOPS.. just read your request was for info on commercial lotions.. sorry about that..

Teri

My favorite is Lubriderm, especially the type with oat extract in it. It leaves my skin feeling truly moisturized, not greasy. Plus it is non-comedogenic. I won't use anything else on my face.

It has petrolatum in it, which some people might think is inferior for skin care, but that's why it works so well on my skin.

I'm not fond of Camille Beckman lotions at all because of the way they made my skin feel after I rubbed it in. Camille Beckman is also sold at fleamarkets, and it seems to be geared to the older crowd. Maybe on more "mature" skin the stuff does wonders, but I didn't like it at all.

I don't know about their market share compared to Camille Beckman, but Dionis, Burt's Bees, and Caswell Massey are other lotion brands that are very popular with small retailers.

I think Dionis is also a good brand.

I haven't bought lotion/cream in a year. I've been making my own. I buy Shea lotion base, then mix for my own use.

I make my own body butter out of Shea Butter and oil.

I could never find one on the market that worked like I wanted it too.