Cocoa Craze!

I modified a bit of cocoa butter SFIC M&P base. I mixed in some unrefined cocoa butter (yuuuummmm), a bit of beeswax (cause I figured that the butter would soften the bar) and a bit of cocoa powder.

[ATTACH]11472[/ATTACH]

I think the beeswax killed the lather, but not completely. Here are my proportions:

8 oz. SFIC cocoa butter soap base

.8 oz cocoa butter, unrefined

.5 oz beeswax (light yellow color)

.5 tsp cocoa powder

Gotta figure out how to get that cocoa powder mixed better, though it didn't really cause any problems.

The bar smells YUMMY! No artifical fragrance or color :)

Any tips for making the above? I saw a recipe somewhere that used bakers chocolate.

post-2472-139458425765_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

The CB base is harder than most other SFIC bases, so I agree that you should omit the beeswax. Also, for 8oz of base, .8oz of CB seems a bit high. As a general rule, you shouldnt use more than .5oz additives per pound, so you might want to drop the CB amount a bit.

Personally, I've found the CB base by itself is just fine. Did you try the soap without additives first? You might find that you like it as is. If not, then adding any of the following would bring back the lather:

NOTE: these are what worked for ME, there are other things that people suggest but they may not have worked for me:

* Dr. Bronner's liquid soap

* SLSA

Others might suggest:

* castor oil

* glycerin

* sugar

They didn't work for me as I like a LOT of bubbles. But try them all and see what works for your formulation. :D