Tarts turning white

I am making tarts with Golden foods soy tart wax 416. My tarts look great for the first month then they start to turn white around the edges. Some of them even look like they have a powder film on them, I can wipe the white film looking stuff off but it will come back after a while, the white ring will stay.

Thanks for any suggestions

It's most likely bloom - like the white frosty haze that you get on chocolate - all natural waxes do it. It can be wiped off, but chances are it will come back. May be eliminated by sealing the tarts from any air, but that can be difficult depending on how you package them.

I think its just the nature of the beast...I sometimes get a white ring around the bottom of my container jars if they are older candles...I don't use dye, just the natural creamy-ness of soywax and you can still see this really white ring and its in the very bottom of the candle so I don't think air is a culprit, I suspect it is just the 'frost' that soy can get...could possibly be from temperature changes, I don't know...its annoying but what do ya do?!!

My soy tarts get frosty, too. I had some leftover from a craft fair last fall and by spring they all had frost. I even sealed them in bags right away and they still did it. I plan to just use these tarts myself and if I get any new orders, I'll make fresh ones.

I had noticed that my 416 had a powdery look around the edges and bottom even in the clamshells. I also have 415 and 444 wax. I mixed 75% of the 416 with 25% of the 444 or the 415 and it eliminated the powdered look to my tarts.

If you have any other soy wax, you might want to just add some to your mix.

This is the only tart wax I have had this problem with. I had used the KY tart wax before trying the 416 and didn't have this problem at all.

Just an idea to get rid of that ugly look on the tarts ;)