Glass Glow Palm

I have been testing this stuff and dang the hot throw is awesome, but I'm having that dreaded problem of air pockets. Pouring into heated jars, then poking (and leaving it there) a wooden bamboo skewer in until it sets almost completely up. Then removing the skewer and repouring and I'm still finding them while the candle is burning.

Has anyone else experienced these? Gosh, I've got to figure out how to eliminate these. TIA Portia

I am not having any air pockets with mine. I heat my containers in the oven at 150, heat my wax to 200, add dye and FO and pour. If you want to do a second pour I would let the candle set up some then poke some relief holes. Let the wax cool some more then do a repour.

I have never heard of poking the holes and leaving the skewer in the candle until repour?

I have also found out that this wax is extremely sensitive to FO load and wicking. I am starting to add 5% FO...not over 6% and am having better luck.

air pockets here too. they look like they don't have any but they do. it's weird. i have just been poking a hole in the air pocket which is all the way around the jar & doing a repour. it has a solid layer of wax on the top so you can't even tell there's an air pocket their. strange stuff this glass glow wax.

This is a characteristic of palm wax. Tapping the table around where the candles are setting will help dislodge air bubbles and allow them to surface; however, the surface has to be clear (unset) for the bubbles to break. Allowing palm wax to cool verrrrrry slowly helps.

I'm wondering if leaving the skewer in isn't defeating the purpose of poking the holes. I was thinking that the purpose of the holes was to allow for air flow. The tester I poured did have one small air pocket, but nothing like I used to get with Palm 1. I had the a/c on in the house, so thought that might have contributed to it. I plan to either cool the candles in the oven next time, or cover with a cardboard box and see if that helps.

I have not tried Glass Glow yet, but to cool the pillars I have made out of CS's Starburst wax very slowly, I have been placing an igloo cooler (6- pack size) over the mold ASAP after pouring. This has been creating some beeyooteeful (if I do say so myself) Forever/Everlasting palm pillars for me. Can't help you with the air pockets though as I am still in the testing phase with GG and regular palm pillars.

the glass glow is weird, it looks like there isn't any air pockets it gets a solid coat of wax over it, but if you poke it hard enough you will find an air pocket.

i pour at 200 into hot jars, cool them on a cookie rack with a large pan over top of them. still air pockets. that is why alot of people are having the hang ups at the top of their jars. i figured this out one my first few tries with this wax. now i poke a hole before it get really hard & then do a repour.

I too have been heating my jars and pouring around 180-190. That's the thing, there are NO visible air bubbles in it.

I poured in a heated container that had wash cloths taped around the entire jar and cooled on a cookie rack and that is the one that I ended up with the largest air pockets on.

If you put your containers back in the oven to cool, doesn't the precoated wax on your wick melt off?

Also, another funny thing that has been happening to me with the Palm pillar wax. I poured an oval pillar, heated mold, also wrapped entire mold with the wash cloths. Well when I took the candle out of the mold, the bottom 1/3rd of the candle was almost hour glass shaped. It's not the mold bent or anything, I have poured several paraffin candles in this mold and they come out perfectly straight. So, I remelted and repoured again, same technique and it turned out the same way. This just has me totally puzzled as to why it sets up that way. I have used the Palm pillar from Candlewic and poured hundreds of pillars and never had the problem with air pockets nor it setting up like this stuff is. Good thing I love a challenge, cause this stuff will definitely give you that. LOL Portia