If YOU were a 3 1/4" wide jar....

....that held EZSoy,double wicked, no color and 1 oz pp of NG fo....what kind of wicks would you like to have so that you had a great smell and a clean meltpool and WORKED?:D

Ok, I'm having a hard time figuring this out. I stared with RRD 34's, and the wicks drowned out so I figured I would wick up. Ok, got the RRD 37's because those say they are for containers with a diameter of 2.5-3". My jars are 3 1/4" and I DOUBLE WICK so I figured that would be more than big enough. Nope, they are drowning out and not giving me a full melt pool still. I'm thinking that maybe I just don't like the inconsistancy of RRD wicks. Do you think I should try some different type of wick? Or just keep wicking up with the RRD's?

Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.:grin2:

EZSoy is the same as GB 415 and I have used this in my wide mouth jars which are 3 inch diameters (measuring inside of rim). You can use one wick if you use RRD 50 or RRD 55. I tried the RRD 47 and the first burn didn't quite get to the edges, the second started catching up and by the 3rd there was just a light film left on the jars. The 50 did a great burn for me and the 55 on the hard to burn scents.

If you have the bigger sizes, you might want to give 1 wick a try. I don't like to double wick so I stay away from that lol

Like Jami said, you may want to try with one single larger wick, or two smaller wicks. The tendancy is to think that if wicks drown out, you need larger, but that's not always the case. I don't use straight soy, but I'm sure the principle is the same. Sometimes with too much wick, the heat melts the wax down too fast for the wicks to be able to keep up consumption and drowning occurs. So it might be worth a try to wick down a little.

with the correct wick along with the right % of FO one wick should give you an awesome melt pool which will help give off your scene.

I have tried two also but like you they drowned and also further down the jar they got it was to hot and the glass had major sooting

one of my jars is 3 1/2 in across and thanks to someone here i finally was able to single wick it and can smell it too lol

When it comes to EZsoy (GB415), I love me my ECO wicks and CD wicks -- those have worked the most consistently over time. And man, let me tell you, put an ECO-14 in that puppy and it'll burn. You'll have a bigger flame than some people are comfortable with -- not a torch but larger than what is probably optimal. I like the flame size, cuz to me if I have a large mouth jar I want a large flame!

Good luck finding the right size :grin2: