Publisher Question

I did it once before, but of course I didn't write down the steps and I can not for the life of me figure it out.:mad: I want to print different labels on one sheet all at once (ex. van lotion, van butter, etc). Not having any luck with the help file either although that is how I found the directions in the first place. Help anyone???:embarasse

I have a templete of my label size so I just go to print and can print out a whole sheet or one design multiple times wherever I want (I can print one label in column 1 row 3, etc) which works great, I just wanna place all that I am printing on one sheet and print all at once.

I am be no means a Publisher expert, but maybe I can help. If your font style and size are the same for all your labels, you should be able to print it doing a mail merge. Under "tools" go to "mail merge", then "mail merge wizard". It gives you a choice of using an existing list or creating a list in Publisher. I always import a list that I have made in Excel [You would want all of your scent names (vanilla, etc) in one column and your product names (van butter, etc) in the next column.] From there, you create the publication. Insert the fields by going to "tools", "mail merge" then "insert field".

I don't know if that will help you any. Sorry so long if it doesn't help at all. If that was the track that you did want to be on and need more help, let me know.

Leandra

I did it once before, but of course I didn't write down the steps and I can not for the life of me figure it out.:mad: I want to print different labels on one sheet all at once (ex. van lotion, van butter, etc). Not having any luck with the help file either although that is how I found the directions in the first place. Help anyone???:embarasse

I use Publisher a lot but am not sure I understand the question. (Don't worry, my family tells me that's nothing new :grin2: ) I'll take a stab at this anyway.

If you're printing a full sheet of labels but want to make them each a little different....

First go into "layout guides" and set up your paper, using columns and rows to simulate your individual labels. With those as a guide, you should be able to set up one label. When you have that one how you want it, go to "edit" and click on "select all". That highlights everything. Do a copy and paste, and then move the new grouping to the appropriate spot on your next blank label space. Fill in all the labels this way first and then go back later to make the fine-tuning changes to each one (i.e. change the word "lotion" to "butter", etc.) Most importantly, save your work. Nothing irritates me more than to go back looking for something and realizing I must not have saved it.

And if this isn't what you were looking for in an answer....sorry...

Connie

I use Publisher a lot but am not sure I understand the question. (Don't worry, my family tells me that's nothing new :grin2: ) I'll take a stab at this anyway.

If you're printing a full sheet of labels but want to make them each a little different....

First go into "layout guides" and set up your paper, using columns and rows to simulate your individual labels. With those as a guide, you should be able to set up one label. When you have that one how you want it, go to "edit" and click on "select all". That highlights everything. Do a copy and paste, and then move the new grouping to the appropriate spot on your next blank label space. Fill in all the labels this way first and then go back later to make the fine-tuning changes to each one (i.e. change the word "lotion" to "butter", etc.) Most importantly, save your work. Nothing irritates me more than to go back looking for something and realizing I must not have saved it.

And if this isn't what you were looking for in an answer....sorry...

Connie

Thanks!! I understood perfectly & I think you have solved my problem!:D