Craft Show Newbie - how much to bring?

Hi,

I'll be selling my candles (both soy and gel) at a very large craft show for the first time in just a couple of weeks now. The show boasts over 33,000 visitors for the weekend. There are 250 crafters. I have no idea how many candles I should bring to the show. I only have 120 made right now, but plan to spend the next couple of weeks doing nothing but making candles (and working of course). Any advice on how many candles I should take with me for this large of a show?

The very first show I did had 74,000 people that day and 440 craft booths. I hadn't planned on doing my first show that way-- it just happend to be the first one I signed up for that year.

Anyhoo-- day of the show I get there and low and behold every booth in my block was selling candles! ALL OF THEM!! It turned out to be the worst show I ever did! Tons of people walked by all day long-- but there were just way too many candle booths.

Lesson learned. Ask about other candle booths at show, are they dispersed throughout or thrown altogether like mine?

For a big show you need to plan on how you are going to make your booth different than other candle booths. Why should they buy from you? If you can answer that question, you have won half the battle.

Thanks for the web link Ah-Soy. It said plan on 1-3% of attendance, which brings me to between 350 and 1050 candles!! I think I'll shoot for the 350-500 range.

Thanks everyone! I'm pretty nervous about this, but I think my candles are cute and (I hope, I hope, I hope) will sell well. But I'm sure everyone says that.