Chicago Candle & Soapmaking Conference

I was going to, then I read the curriculum and it's all soap, which I don't do yet. I'm pretty bummed about it, wanted to meet some of you guys :cry2:

I don't believe the curriculum is complete yet. I believe they are still working on getting more demo's and speakers.

I sent an email out to see if it was still on.

The web site said they needed the 150 by the 1st of this month for hotel and food confirmation.

I haven't heard back yet but how it read to me was if the 150 wasn't met on the 1st if was gonna be canceled. :/

I sent an email out to see if it was still on.

The web site said they needed the 150 by the 1st of this month for hotel and food confirmation.

I haven't heard back yet but how it read to me was if the 150 wasn't met on the 1st if was gonna be canceled. :/

From what I know, the cancellation date is not till May 6th, 2007 (which is tomorrow). I read on her Blog that there are a lot of people waiting to see what happens and they actually may be the ones that will bring it over the top so that the conference will be a go. In any case, I registered so that I know for sure I am going and if it gets cancelled, then they will just reverse the charges. I have met Brenda a few times since I went to the Chicago conferences a number of times and she is an honest person.

I just hope that the people, who are holding off, actually sign up or if the 150 min is not met, then it is not a go. I love going to Chicago and these conferences end up being a blast, so I really hope the people who are holding off, go sign up. They have nothing to lose!!

I rarely get to go to these things since I have very young children, so I really hope this is a go. It is a weekend away to meet people we have not met face to face and it is just plain fun! A time for us soapers and candlemakers to get together and just let go and have fun!! :P

I just got an email from Brenda saying the deadline was extended:D so I'm gonna look over the web site again and re-read the info. etc... and look into the registration. It's only about 1 1/2 hours from me and the kids love going to the aquarium and museum so it may turn into a mini vacation with the husband and kids...

I just got an email from Brenda saying the deadline was extended:D so I'm gonna look over the web site again and re-read the info. etc... and look into the registration. It's only about 1 1/2 hours from me and the kids love going to the aquarium and museum so it may turn into a mini vacation with the husband and kids...

I think I will be bringing my daughter with me so it should be fun!

I just registered on Sunday, but I only did the deposit payment. I have never been to one of these types of events and I could really use a break away from my family lol! I encourage anyone who is thinking about it to sign up! It sounds like it will be a lot of fun!:yay:

I just registered on Sunday, but I only did the deposit payment. I have never been to one of these types of events and I could really use a break away from my family lol! I encourage anyone who is thinking about it to sign up! It sounds like it will be a lot of fun!:yay:

Well that is it for me too. Is the one time I can get away with the girls and have some fun! Me too, totally! My sister flies from Toronto, Canada and we do this, usually, once every year. Great sister time :P