Pillar wick "v" question....

Awhile back, maybe it was on the old board, there was a discussion as to whether the "v" on the flat or square braid wick should be "v" or "^". I did a search but can not come up with the thread. Anyone have the answer, or does it make any difference?

Awhile back, maybe it was on the old board, there was a discussion as to whether the "v" on the flat or square braid wick should be "v" or "^". I did a search but can not come up with the thread. Anyone have the answer, or does it make any difference?
Well actually the V is up on one side of the wick and down on the other, so it doesn't matter. It will curl toward the V down side.

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=veggiewax;action=display;num=1092424758;start=13#13

I found the thread to be very informative...braided wicks are not directional - the V is up on one side, down on the other...RRD wicks are directional...I put a dot with a marker where I cut so I am sure to put the tab on the correct end.