Micro Torch

As a test my husband tried to smooth out the top of a candle (one that had already burned several hours) with a tiny hand-held butane torch. When it cured it looked very smooth and nice. Just wondering if anyone else has tried these? I wouldn't suggest it for colored wax as it would most likely frost it, but natural seems to work great.

i always use a butane candle lighter to smooth out the tops if i need too. i do not have any problems with the colored ones frosting. i also use them for heating the botton of the jars so the wick sticker gets a good hold.

The torch is so small you can really control it. The entire torch is only about 6" and fits in the palm of your hand (it holds a butane lighter inside.) My husband darkened one of the tops of the wicks because he didn't know to steer clear!! I always cut my wicks a bit long at first so I just trimmed off the brown and it was great. I'm really impressed with this so far. I went back and torched a bunch that I had decided to "clearance" and now they look good enough for regular sale. I even did some colors as suggested and they didn't frost. We'll see how they look tomorrow!!:D