Mr Doright molds

I use them almost exclusively, and love them but I think I'm in the minority.

They will stick sometimes just for the hell of it. I found that the secret to the sticking is to spray them with pam and either discount your recipe to a 33% lye solution or leave them in the mold for a couple days. A piece of saran wrap works well too.

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to add the picture for the one I was looking at:o .

9b_1.JPG

I'm debating between this one and the other ,double logs. I thought this would be nice cuz I'm having a really hard time cutting straight (even with a miter box).

I have a love/hate relationship with mine. Like Grumpy said...the stick like a mother at times...with no rhyme or reason....I'm using saran wrap now and we are getting along fine. If you get one and hate it, let Grumpy or I know and maybe we'll want it...and there's always the classies.

Donna

I had thought about trying to make my own but didn't know what material to use. Sounds like you figured it out! I will be interested to know the results.

Thanks everyone for your input!

I think his are HDPE (high density polyethylene). I only got the stuff I did because I found it cheap.

Tony

I have 2 of these. Unless they've changed since I bought mine about 3 or 4 years ago, the surface is not as smooth as the Kelsei molds...hence...the soap sometimes sticks, but as Grumpy said, the Pam does the trick and the water discount certainly helps.

I have one and use it only for HP soap. Does anyone have trouble with it leaking? I tried pouring CP batch and it leaked. I know my HP will stick badly and I have to pry and pray! Good to know about the saran wrap....Maybe I could use it to prevent the leak.

Mine leaked in the corners...badly...but as I said earlier, maybe they've changed since I bought mine.I originally bought them for M&P logs.

I took the BOTTOM piece and wrapped it with plastic wrap, just enough so that it still fit in the grooves but created a barrier, and it worked.