Colored chips from Pourette

Somehow... and I could be wrong on this one... I don't think Pourette "made" them. They probably bought them bulk and the then re-packed them... again, I don't know this for fact -- but from what I know, the only thing they "made" were the metal and the plastic.

Somehow... and I could be wrong on this one... I don't think Pourette "made" them. They probably bought them bulk and the then re-packed them... again, I don't know this for fact -- but from what I know, the only thing they "made" were the metal and the plastic.

On their site, it said the chips were "produced here". I've also heard of other suppliers getting it from them.

On their site, it said the chips were "produced here". I've also heard of other suppliers getting it from them.

Could very well be... I *can* tell you one thing. Before they started getting careless, they had some of the best (and most inexpensive) powder dye I could get. Pylam may be the "industry standard" -- and I don't know who Pourette was getting it from, but they were priced right! So maybe they were using it for the chips and with that volume, that is how the price of the powder was so cheap.

Not sure... but I would do anything to get the old days back when their powder was awesome, and cheap.

Well.....Mr. Reddig made them......maybe he passed on his formula.

Donita Louise

It has been said that the dia/chips were made in Washington, but what we were told by some they were first made by Pete R. up in Portland OR. and when he sold the business someone in CA. bought the business. and has the molds and the correct formulia from Pete R.

So who knows the truth it seems that the stories are flying around about stuff.

:D

The reason that I believed that Walter Reddig made them is that there is a book called Creating and the Art of Blending Colors in Candles by Walter Reddig and Mabel Atkins. Printed in 1969. I guess he could have bought the formula from someone and called them Reddig-Glo.....who knows. I just think it is interesting. Donita Louise

post-248-139458425692_thumb.jpg

post-248-139458425695_thumb.jpg

Pourette published the Reddig-Glo book....so I am sure they manufactured them.....but somehow Walter Reddig was involved. Maybe he cut them into the little diamond shapes with his pocket knife ;) Donita Louise