Natures Garden Joy Wax

Hi everyone

i wanted to see if anyone here used this wax. We got a slab of it the other day and tested it out. there were many things we liked about it- A LOT less sooting, nice colors- but then it has it's downs- scent throw (using J 50 now) and it has some type of residue on the container when you burn it. It seems to us the J 50 has a better scent throw- we just wanted to check ya'll opinon if you've tried it- thanks!!

I liked it when I first got it, but quickly found that the inconsistencies from batch-to-batch were more than I was willing to deal with. Every batch is different, thus retesting of wicks is costly. NG is a good company, but most of us do not have wads of cash to keep throwing at the same wax on every order. I thought I'd found my 'dream wax', but it turned into a nightmare.

I'm not talking wick up or down with FO or dye, I mean serious 'start from scratch' wicking issues...with every order! Not me, no thanks!

Fern-Marie

Thanks for your input. We are also in the middle of testing the J223. We are hoping this works out betterfor us. I was pleased with the J50 at first, but I think they sold out to IGI and the quality doesnt seem to be the same. :undecided

Any other input about J223 or J50 would be great!! :D

I started with J-50 and had people rave about our candles, but I was getting a little soot, and thought I'd try the Joy wax. I liked the burn, was less than tickled with the cold throw, and had a devil of a time trying to get rid of a white crusty appearance inside the jar after the candle cooled. I tried pouring hotter & colder (5 degree increments from 130 to 180), and actually made some cooling boxes from styrofoam insulation to slow cool them. Nothing worked. So I went back to the blend I make with J-50 and played with wicks until voila! I hit the perfect combination. I can light a candle, let it burn all day, (I know you're not supposed to, but my customers do, so I tested that way) and NO SOOT!

The J-50 gives me excellent cold and hot throw and is easy to work with.

Fredron

I only use the Joy Wax in a soy blend for tea lights and use an htp wick. There is just too much I don't know about the Joy Wax to really trust it blindly. Plus, I really don't like the way it 'feels' when I touch it lol...

I have been using Joy for probably 5 years now and absolutely love it. For some reason, I don't have the issues that others keep talking about with it. NO soot (unless the wick is too large) and I too will lite my candles and burn them all day and no frosting unless they sit in a cold place over night. I love this wax. HTH Portia

I also have the same problems with Joy wax. I am using up what I have and switching. I get huge pockets around the wicks and a lot of cracking with the latest box I opened. They should have let well enough alone. I used to really have good luck with the Joy. HTH Ruby

I used Joy Wax for about two years...at least I think it was two, anyway, I thought it was a very nice wax for awhile, until I couldn't get a few of my favorite scents to throw in it. Since it's mostly soy, it has the same problem as soy does with throwing certain scents. Sometimes, if you let it cure about a week you can get some of them to throw, that wouldn't throw the first go around. Peak's Hyacinth threw like crazy in Joy...a small 4 oz candle could be smelled all over the entire house...upstairs and down. I ended up switching to J223 and J50 and never had another problem with scents throwing well in it, unless it was just a light scent to begin with. Wicking and frosting was not an issue with this wax, in my case...just certain scents not throwing. I think it's a very nice wax, but since I can get two of the waxes I most often use from another supplier, I decided it wasn't cost effective for me to continue to buy it when I would have to use another wax for my favorite scents.

I've never tried Joy wax, but I use J50. My customers love my candles and they say the scent throw is great and they like how clean the jars burn. But I HATE the wet spots. And lately it seems no matter what I do, I have horrible wet spots, big spots. I have to heat gun them to get them to look decent. But no one seems to care but me. I have tried everything, clean jars, heated jars, cooling in oven, adding crisco, adding soy. Nothing seems to help. The strange thing is...they look really good at first and then maybe the next day or so.....here come the spots! Anyone else have that problem with J50?

I have had the same problem with the wet spots in the J50. We have started testing the J223. I seem to get the same kind of scent throw as the J50, but dont get nearly the wet spots. I hae noticed also that I am the only one that cares about the wet spot. None of my customers seem to even notice. Thanks for all of your replies. :highfive:

Wade