removing prior FO smell

I am sure you guys don't use new pour pots, etc..everytime you make new candles (I could be wrong)...so how do you make sure the prior FO and color is gone when you do a new batch?

I put all of my stuff in the oven, heat it up and wipe it out...but I still can smell a little FO from previous batch...what do you guys do?

I do all of that as well, and to be honest, unless it's like a floral after a cinnamon-or vice-versa (yuck), I don't worry too much about a little residual scent, you don't smell it after you've added your new oil to your new batch of wax...esp. if they've sat a few days and aired out between pouring. I use about 6-8 pour pots for most everything...HTH!

We do the same thing and are not bothered by the residual smell unless we have something very light to pour next; in which case, I wash the can in hot water and Parson's Sudsy ammonia, rinse in hot water and paper towel dry. That usually does the trick.:D

I wipe it out with a plain ole paper towel while it's still hot. In the beginning I spent a lot of time cleaning the pots, until I learned that little bit of smell left in there isn't noticeable when you mix the next time.

I use spray GooGone on all of my candles and B&B equipment to remove scents AND DYES and wax! Its great! Dont use the thick spray but the liquid one. A few squirts and it removes it all and it is a Orange scent! I then wash my equipment like normal and all scents are gone! This works on plastic and metal! HTH

God Bless,

Lynn