Read what Nature's Garden Newsletter says!

I quote "Attention: After receiving letters from Bath and Body Works, Victoria Secret, and Pier 1 several months ago, we decided to change the names of some of our fragrance types. However, after conferring with a corporate law firm, we have decided to change the names back to their original type names, while placing emphasis on the fact that Natures Garden is in no way affiliated with or has ever sold any of these companiess merchandise. When Natures Garden has our perfumist create fragrance types or fragrance duplications, they are simply our renditions of these popular scents, but they are not identical. You will want to make sure that you specify on your products that you are in no way affiliated with any of these famous companies, and that your products are not identical to their products. We will be making these changes very soon."

I highlighted the area that concerns us chandlers.

So, does this mean we can now use their names? Sounds like it's so!

Comments?

Just my 2 scents for what it is worth...

I have been selling fragrance oils for 6 years and candles for 7 years ... I have quite a few Pier 1, Yank**, BBW and other designer types. Knock on wood...I have not received any C&D letters from any of the big names. Clearly on my website, I have always had the following "Please Note: **WE ARE NOT A DISTRIBUTOR FOR PIER 1, BBW, YANKEE CANDLE OR ANY OTHER COMPANY** All of the following designer fragrances are "OUR VERSION" and this is why they are marked "Type" are specifically trademarked names and they are the exclusive property of the original manufacturers**" at the top of my duplications page and "Please Note: **WE ARE NOT A DISTRIBUTOR FOR PIER 1, BBW, YANKEE CANDLE OR ANY OTHER COMPANY - OUR SCENTS LISTED ON THIS PAGE ARE DUPLICATIONS OF THEIR SCENTS - NOT THE ACTUAL SCENT FROM SAID COMPANIES** " on the bottom of the duplications page.

PLUS -- Pier 1 has been referring customers to my website for over a year now for their discontinued scents. If I was doing something wrong...I'm sure they would have already sent me a letter instead of customers. I've even spoken with them on the phone.

All of the scents I carry have always had "type" after them. If you don't list "type" or this kind of saying...yes you can get letters from them...but YES...you can use that name...just remember to use "type".

Hope this helps!!

Kim

Fragrance Oil Heaven

Just my 2 scents for what it is worth...

I have been selling fragrance oils for 6 years and candles for 7 years ... I have quite a few Pier 1, Yank**, BBW and other designer types. Knock on wood...I have not received any C&D letters from any of the big names. Clearly on my website, I have always had the following "Please Note: **WE ARE NOT A DISTRIBUTOR FOR PIER 1, BBW, YANKEE CANDLE OR ANY OTHER COMPANY** All of the following designer fragrances are "OUR VERSION" and this is why they are marked "Type" are specifically trademarked names and they are the exclusive property of the original manufacturers**" at the top of my duplications page and "Please Note: **WE ARE NOT A DISTRIBUTOR FOR PIER 1, BBW, YANKEE CANDLE OR ANY OTHER COMPANY - OUR SCENTS LISTED ON THIS PAGE ARE DUPLICATIONS OF THEIR SCENTS - NOT THE ACTUAL SCENT FROM SAID COMPANIES** " on the bottom of the duplications page.

PLUS -- Pier 1 has been referring customers to my website for over a year now for their discontinued scents. If I was doing something wrong...I'm sure they would have already sent me a letter instead of customers. I've even spoken with them on the phone.

All of the scents I carry have always had "type" after them. If you don't list "type" or this kind of saying...yes you can get letters from them...but YES...you can use that name...just remember to use "type".

Hope this helps!!

Kim

Fragrance Oil Heaven

It DOES help! Thanks so much!

Remember back in the day when Georgio, Red Door, etc. were all the rage and that one company came out the with duplicate body sprays, they put clearly on their packaging that it "smells like ABC." Letters from attorneys can be scary, and I like what NG and FOH have put on their websites...it will be added to mine. Good luck everyone!